Back pain! Shooting down my right side. What is this?

edited April 2011 in Health
I'm only 22 wks & have noticed a sharp pain on my right side of back. It is on the lower part & shoots down to my leg. I find if I take my weight off my right foot for a minute and then apply weight to it again it almost feels as if I can't even stand that the side hurts so bad. Does anyone else go through this? I know my lil girl is beached right now & her feet are on my bladder, is there anyway she could be hitting nerves? Could this be fromworking on my feet 10 hours a day? Do I need too see dr.? Is there something I can do to improve this?

Comments

• I don't know the answer to this but it wouldn't hurt to ask Dr
  • edited April 2011
    Sounds like sciatica. The nerve that runs down that side prob has pressure from your growing uterus. I have it too and doc said nothing will relieve it until the baby is born sucks try resting but honestly nothing has helped me
  • yeah sounds like sciatica. i get it especially after being on my feet and working for long periods of time.sometimes i can't move when its real bad
  • I have the same probles your siatic nerve gets pinched hurts like crazy. Ice and warm baths help some.
  • Stretching can also help!
  • Sciatica and labor is the only true and complete relief... I have it two during my first pregnancy and now my second as well UGH! Sorry lovey
  • Great! It makes it unbearable for me to work.