lower abdominal pain and calf muscle pain.

edited April 2011 in Third Trimester
Whenever i stretch out to go to sleep i get severe cramps in my calf muscles and sometimes they wake me up in the middle of the night. Woke up this morning and started walking around. Got a dull ache in my lower abdomen that won't go away. Anyone else experiencing these things.

Comments

• I had it because I was low on calcium. Drinking milk about 1 hour before bed helps me
  • I had bad calf spasms during my last pregnancy and my Dr told me I needed more patisum (sp?) But anytime you have pain in your abdomen you should call your Dr. I hope u feel better soon.
  • Called her and she said since this is my 5th pregnancy that some lower abdominal pain is expected. If it gets to where the feel like contractions to call her back. I hope it doesn't turn into contractions because i am only 34 weeks.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Agree with the above. When they hit you at night, try standing flat foot in bare feet on a cool surface, like tiles, or bath tub. It helps them go away. But in the long run, you need more potassium in your diet.
  • I have a problem with leg cramps.. my doctor told me to eat bananas or keep hydrated or drink a gatorade. And when it does happen, stretch out your legs and point toes towards your head.
  • Sounds like Charlie Horses in your legs. I was told I had a magnesium deficiancy, and also anemic. I have been taking iron and slo-mag and I haven't had a Charlie Horse in a loooooong time. :)