Diaper questions for mothers that already have kids...

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
Any tips on shopping for diapers? I'm about to start stocking up and I'm just wondering how you guys did it.

Comments

• i would buy pampers...try getting them at costco you get more for your money...get a small one of newborns tho because baby grows so fast and get more number 1s!
  • I have always used huggies and I try to buy a pack each payday
  • @mommy_of_2 Thanks for the tidbit. I was on the Walmart website and looking crazy as hell.
  • Don't buy too many size 1 or 2. Most kids are in size 3 the longest so stock up on those. Also, ask people's suggestions on brands... we loved Pampers at the beginning but by the time we bought size 3 we bought the Walmart brand- Parent's Choice. They were just as well as any other brand and are a lot cheaper!
  • Generic works as good as any. Been using parent's choice since my son was born
  • I was thinking about trying the huggies little snugglers, just a couple of boxes though since theres only 84.
  • Pampers or huggies prevent the most leakage
  • I thought about generic too, but baby daddy is against it so I guess that means his ass will be buying them. Lol.
  • I like huggies..pampers seems to thin the sec they pee you think there diaper is full..but there's like a drop..but I think target brand and costco brand r like huggies..so im gonna buy those..I would tell how to stock up on sizes..but I can't remember how fast my son grew out of them :/
  • pampers and luvs are the best.
  • Just dont open them just incase you need to swap for another size
  • Thanks u guys! Very helpful, it's time for me to go bananas and stock up. I'm definitely hitting up Costco on payday.
  • Huggies little snugglers and the naturals were my faves. They seemed softer and the poop trap at the back was a bonus that really worked! Pampers didnt agree with my baby's bottom so I dont really know how they are but I know ppl who swearrrrr by them. The huggies naturals are great,bc they have less chlorine.
  • Huggies r da best :) My 2nd choice wuld b Parents Choice "store brand". Luvs r da worst :(
  • I love pampers. I tried huggies but my daughter broke out from them. She was in newborn for the first 2 months, 1's until 3 months, 2's until 5 months, 3's until 6 months, and she is still in 4's at 15 months. From what I've heard from everyone I know is they are in 4's the longest, but everyone is different :)
  • That's the thing. I'm scared to buy a certain brand and my little one breaks out from them. I just hope they accept them when I take them back, lol. Well the unopened ones. I guess I could always get store credit at Walmart tho, lol.
  • We were all about huggies until we tried the bj's wholesale brand (if u live on the east coast). They r the best generic diapers we have tried. Plus one box is enough diapers for one child for a month and best part is they r 25 bucks a box!
  • You can buy them, but go online and get samples to try before you open the boxes/packs. That way you can see how they work. they gave pampers at the hospital so you will have the opportunity to see the way they are.
  • I have been told by several moms to use the Target brand. They all said that they were Pampers "snobs" until they discovered Target diapers. I'm sure it all depends on the baby though. Maybe just tuck money away for diapers until you figure out which ones work best for your baby.
  • We have been using luvs since we ran out if what we got for the shower. Got dollar general ones one time and they were awful!
  • The Walmart brand are comparable to pampers and so much cheaper...I use and love them...
  • Ok well migh sound craazy but this is the best advice lol

AT THE HOSPITAL THEY GIVE U A PACK. OF PAMPERS SWADDLERS NEWBORN EVERYTIME MY NURSE FOR THE BABY WOULD CHANGE I ASKED FOR A NEW PACK. I GOT 4 BUT MY BABY WAS ON THE SMALL SIDE SO HE'S THREE WKS AND STILL USING I LOGGED ON PAMPERS AND GOT COUPONS FOR 4 DOLLARS OF THE BOX. ITS REALLY A BARGAIN. IF UR BABY IS BIG U WILL PROB ONLY NEED TO USE TWO WEEKS TO A MONTH SO BUY A BOX OF 1S ITS ONLY LIKE 20 DOLLARS
  • Be careful tho buying too much of one brand before the baby is born... We did that with our first, bought a ton of Pampers sizes nb-3 and he ended up being allergic to something in them. so we had a crap load of diapers we couldn't use. So maybe just set some money aside and buy some after the baby arrives.
    ps i LOVE the target brand diapers.
  • I use Huggies they fit way better than pampers I would have to buy a size 5 in pampers when she wears a size 4 in huggies... she never had any leaks either... I never thought to try generic brands
  • Thats exactly why I haven't bought any. I guess I would be crazy to try all brands, lol. :)
  • Sam's club brand are Pampers with a different name, they are made in the same factory. Costco seemed to spring leaks faster on my son. Sam's club sometimes leave the little gell balls on sons bottom
  • @roomfor1more we always bought huggies til i discovered the target brand... you can get a box with more diapers for 6 dollars less than huggies :) its beautiful lol
  • I love luvs. Won't use any other brand. Plus they are decent priced
  • @momamar That's good to know since I will b having 2 in diapers soon I need something cheaper
  • arg me too @roomfor1more! not looking forward to double the poopy diapers! im hoping my 16mo old will potty train early :)