Advice please

edited April 2011 in Health
Can anyone tell me what you do when you get sick? This afternoon i was hit with a stomach bug i think and have had severe diarrhea and vomiting and can keep absolutly nothing down and im worried because i know if i get dehydrated i could go into premature labor. I have tried drinking almost everything(sprite, gatorade, pedialyte) Anyone have another suggestion? Im 28 weeks also

Comments

• Kinda sounds like food poisoning. Might want to call the doc to see if there is anything you can take.
  • Gingerale... warm and shaken so its not bubbly try chicken broth like lipton soup ... luke warm water all very very slowly and maybe a cracker every half hour or so. Its always better to vomit food and not bile. Get well
  • Try popcicles too
  • I agree with trying popcicles if you can keep anything down for more than a day i would call your doctor they might wanna give u an iv to keep u hydrated. Hope you feel better
  • Thanks so much for the advice! @stormyparadise i never thought of gingerale warm i will have to try that! @Karla_with_a_K Thanks i will see if i can get my husband to run out and get me some! THanks so much guys cause its really worrying me ;(
  • @armywife19 o gosh i hope so bad i feel better by tomorrow i have a 14month old son to take care of..But yes if i still bad in the morning im probably going to call thanks!
  • @armywife19 o gosh i hope so bad i feel better by tomorrow i have a 14month old son to take care of..But yes if i still bad in the morning im probably going to call thanks!
  • Your welcome :) hope you feel better soon :)
  • @luvn_my_babies try ice. That's the best way to stay hydrated when you can't keep anything else down. I got dehydrated a few weeks ago and the doc recommended sucking on ice.
  • I was sick with a bug at 13 weeks or so I was throwing everything up just keep trying to drink water so you throw up less bile I sucked on a lemon and it seemed to help out a bit and eventually I was able to eat saltine crackers ice helped with the soreness of my throat hope you are feeling better and def see doctor in morning if still sick I thought I would never get over it!