any one planning to go w.o epudural?

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
My mom thinks I'm nuts, I'm only getting meds through the iv. But I'm terrified of big fn needles and being paralyzed. I plan to walk in the spring and do the exercises but Is anyone else doing the same?

Comments

• Mee. Iam planning on not getting it either. Am also gonna take some meditation classes for pregnancy and learn to control my pain. I have some friends and cousins that didn't get it either and they said in the end its worth it. I just hope I can do it cuz I really dnt wanna get a epidural. Good luck I believe we can do it
  • I want to do it wo any meds. But we'll see come september
  • Fingers crossed I can handle the pain wo meds at all.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Good luck angle I want to take a birthing class at least to be able to breathe right and everything.good luck tp all of you. I think we can all do it with out epidural
  • Wow that's insane, at least everything went ok w.o a dr
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Is it true you can't get one if you have a tattoo on your back
  • Planning on going without!
  • Had my daughter without anything and plan on doing the same this time.
  • My first and third child were born with me using just an IV for pain meds. My second child I couldn't because he came so fast. I still plan on not getting the epidural. It scares me to think about not getting poked once but twice just for about two hours of pain meds, and if it doesn't progress fast enough to have to get it again! My sister in law says its ok but after wards you feel it for days, it feels like a brews but they are good for back labor.
  • I never go without! I had my first with epidural fast and easy. The secound one without nything was horrorble and almost killed him because I couldn't breath from pain so he coulndnt either he had to be put on oxygen for 30 min.
  • I had my babygirl at 19 without any meds, all natural. I had planned not taking the epidural. I didnt go to any classes, just watch alot of " a baby story " on tlc channel. I didnt feel any painfull contraccions after i was dialated to 6. I started feeling the real pain at 81/2 dialated, if you can handle the pain at 8 dont quit!! It hurts but its so worth it! Im planning this one w/o meds again! Just remember every pregnancy is different. Mine was a piece of cake lol!
  • Thanks everyone and @ mama_kat I would of went off.
  • I have to give you all props i couldent do it, i had epidural with my two boys. And i planon it this time. The needle actually isent big and you really cant feel it cause they numb you first. My 2nd epidural they had to redo cause the only thing numb was my legs!