Should i take the Welbutrin?

edited April 2011 in High risk pregnancy
As most of you know I've been in hosp for over 2 weeks on complete Bedrest without ever getting out of bed or raising my head. Will be here til I deliver and im only 28 weeks. I've been really sad in the morning but feel much better as the day progresses. I had a melt down this morning and cried. The doctor ordered Welbutrin (antidepressant) if and only if I want to take it. Idk what to do. I've never been depressed enough to need a med. What do you guys think? Would love to hear your experiences with antidep meds.

Comments

• That is the medicine that i am on. I take it once a day. If your ob prescribes it i am sure he/she thinks its best for you.
  • I used to take it and it did wonders for me. That said I want on it very long....
  • Hun it is said by my psychiatrist and my in that some including wellbutrin are safe. What u are going through is such a hard thing to handle. I say try it. If you think it has a chance to help u get through this and bring some of the happiness back its well worth it. If you don't like it you can stop taking it if you want. It's your choice because only you know what your really going through but I say at least give it a try. Good luck Momma. I wish u nothing but the very best!
  • Its a category b drug. Got told by both my therapist and ob. I did stop taking it though during my first trimester just to be on the safe side though but be sure to tell your dr.
  • I think you need to weigh out YOUR pros and cons, and see what comes out on top. Also, if you trust your doc, you should trust that he/he wants a healthy mama and a healthy baby. Decisions like this are so tough when there's a little one involved. Whatever you choose, it'll be what's right for you. I hope you get to feeling better and things start only getting better from here on out.
  • Im going to see if just getting rid of my mom will help first. She has been here 24/7 with me the past 16 days and nights. I feel smothered. If im still feeling depressed I will maybe consider the med.
  • i was put on zoloft with my last pregnancy and it worked wonders . i was more calm and not so derpressed and uptight all the time . but its fully up to you . and how are you and baby doing ?
  • @kenziesmom216 we are doing fine. Baby has always looked great on the fetal monitor and ultrasound. My cervix hasn't really changed. Still completly thinned and 2cm dilated. Water bulging out a bit. It hasn't gotten worse so that's good.