BabyDaddy Doesntt Wantt A BabyShower :/

edited April 2011 in Baby showers
So I Was Planning On Havinq My Baby Shower A Month Beforee My Duee Datee; Well i Told BabyDaddy & He Was All For Itt, Now All Of A Sudden He Dntt Wantt To Payy For Ittt. :/ So Therefore Imaa Gett A Job & Savee Thatt $$$$ For It. Watt Would Yu Tell Yurr BabyDaddy Iff He Told Yu This. FYI Ourr Firstt Baby & i Really Wanted One!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well the babyshower isnt for him...its for the baby! So she can get all she needs...and its to celebrate the life that YOU created! I say go for it, and have one!!
  • First of all, ur not supposed to throw it lol someone else. And what would make him change his mind? I would tell him "good because you're not invited anyways:)" lol
  • @FirstTimeMommyToBe Ivee Tried To Explain to him but he still wntt budgee. & he dntt wantt me to work but i really wantt this so imaa do watt i havee to. i dntt talk to my family so none of them will be throwing me one, and my friends are having their own kids so theyy cantt. so i wanna do it! smdh He is being real mean.
  • I would just ignore him & try to do one on my own. It sucks : ( Did u ask him why the sudden change of mind?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ashley_smashley he has a thick ass head and still wntt listen. he said he dntt wanna spend alott of money on food, the gifts for the games, decorations, and cake. he would rather just buy the baby stuff witt thatt money were "wasting".

@08lilmomma11 im throwing minee cuz i dntt talk or gett along witt family and theyy wntt throw me one, and my closest friends are having kids of their own so they canttt.
  • usually someone else throws the baby shower, like parents, friends, godparents. the idea is to take burdens off the expectant parents. Do you have anyone close to you who would be willing to take on that responsibility?
  • @elle_baby yes, but he justt says "its a wastee of $$$ thatt we can spend on the baby". i still am going to do itt on my own. :( guys can be jerks sometimes.
  • @cgm1113 you could do it sorta like a bbq style..and have everyone bring a side or desert..that way you dont pay for all the food! And you could make some cute banners on your own ...that way you could save on decorations! Just because everyone else does certian things for their babyshowers doesnt me you cant make your own rules. If I was trying to save money i would just do it bbq style and just have it be a hang out for family and friends!
  • @Boho_Chic no nott really. i moved out and my family doesntt agree on my decisions so im on my own. (my family is not thatt supportive) and his wholee family moved outt of town.! so its justt him and me hereee.
  • I a way, I understand where he is coming from. Evenif you dont have a baby shower, people will still get you stuff. Dont stress over a baby shower. You can always have a baby meet and greet down the line in your own home, and do like a potluck and everyone bring aa inexpensive gift to donate to the gift portion and create free games. I personally dont think its worth all thhe drama and stress for one day that you will reap the benifits of regaurdless.
  • So do u have friends? They should be doing it for u
  • But its like getting the money back with all the gifts! Plus it doesn't need to be an expensive baby shower. I mean hopefully he will come to his senses especially it being ur first baby and all. He needs to stop being such a punk ughhhh! Good luck though, I hope u get your baby shower.
  • @ashley_smashley i wanted to do thatt but we livee in a 2 bedroom apartment on the waterr. there is no room lol speaking of this conversation my only tia who im very closee witt justt texted me saying iff i was gunna do anything. this might be the right time to spill how i feel to her.( she claims me as her daughter.) & nott really my real auntt, shes my unlces ex wife! their divorce now. hopefully shee can help me outtt!

• O dang..hmmm...well you could always do it at a local park! they normally have covered seating, and bbq grills! Hopefully your tia will be able to help out! Good luck Lady!
  • @momof22be yeahh i havee plentyy of friends but likee my 2 closest aree pregnantt too; and theyy dntt havee the money to do it.!

@Boho_Chic i think yu and my boyfriend are on the same pagee, lol ya think alott! i guess yur rightt, whyy stress overr it? thanks for listening! :)

@elle_baby thanks girl :) and i hopee he does comee around! he has a pregly accountt so im suree he is reading this. lmao :D
  • @ashley_smashley yeah theree is onee down the street. i think imaa justt do thatt.! Thankss girl for listening :) i really appreciatee it!
  • @cgm1113 I would throw you one:) my friend is three weeks ahead of me and her husband is deployed..her family isn't around...so when she finds out I'm going to try and throw her one. I dunno if it sounds b!itchy but I'm about to plan my own because the one who is throwing my baby shower doesn't wanna include my mom. I can understand your situation. Good luck and Congrats:)
  • Goodluck I'm pretty sure she'll help you :)
  • Oh suck go to a park get some chips dip some cupcakes download free games online and buy like two- three packs of onesies and some fabric pens and decorate them I saw that on grays anatomy it was so cute. ;) oh and invitations and decorations at the dollar store. Good luck girl. ;)
  • @08lilmomma11 Aww thanks; (: imaa justt try to find a way to plan mine.! good luck to yu too! & congrats :)
  • @momof22be i think i will. :) lol thanks girl!
  • :) I had my first time mommy jitters once before also, I know this may be your first baby, and you want the works, but if you have to stress yourself to get it, it will cause more harm than good in the long run. Listen to your man, your not with him for no reason, he is thinking about you and the baby in his decision making. I found myself being grateful I didnt waste my time and energy on a shower. You will get everything you need from your loved ones and that money you would have used can be used for something else related to the baby. Good Luck!
  • @momof22be I saw that on Greys to! I thought it was sooo freaking cute! I wish I was having a babyshower just so I could do that!
  • @Boho_Chic yes. ivee justt seen my friends have theirs. i havee like 7 friends who are pregnant and due in may! and it seemed so fun to havee the attention boutt yu and baby for onee day. im nott goingg to stress; but i think his mom is going to throw a party after the baby is here. so i will wait then! :) thanks
  • Ok gotta ask does ur phone keep doubling the letters
  • @Rissalee7 my bestt friend bought this one (HTC HERO) and didntt likee itt, so shee gavee itt to me. and i usee t9 so this is how everything comes outt, lol :P this is how shee would typee. i know it drives me crazy! and everytimee i would try to fix itt, stupid shitt would happen so i would give up! but im getting an EVO soon so no moree this crap
  • edited April 2011
    @ashley_smashley LOL just get some friends over just to do it anyway. ;)
  • Ok sorry its just making the posts hard to read