How do you deal with struggling as a parent...single or not?

edited April 2011 in Single moms
Im due May 2nd and I am so afraid that I am not ready for this. I just pictured being more stable before having a baby and I fear that I may struggle financially or with other goals in life. I'm so terrified and I don't want struggle with a baby. I know a lot of people say that many people go through hardships with children but it just seems so scary. What do you do when times are tough?

Comments

• I was 18 and alone when I had my 1st. Im 30yrs old now married with baby #5 on the way and still get scared and have money problems and feel alone and have my goals on hold till my lil ones are older.when times are rough I find strength in looking at my kids and knowing everything I do is for them to make there life better than what I had. Every time I find out im pregnant I freak out and cry and worry and my hubby always says it will be fine it will work out and it always does but I still worry its natural I think.
  • I would love to know this too! I am being induced on mon and this last week has piled on so much financial hardhips that have nothing to do with a baby! Got into a wreck with an uninsured driver, my husband got two horrendously huge speeding tickets only one day apart and he also decided to max out ALL of our credit cards! I'm so upset about all of it!

It sucks that it all piled on at once and I would love to know that same as you hun, what do you do?! Haha
  • Just try your hardest. Keep strong. Don't be afraid to ask for help.
  • I breathe lol. I stress out a lot but I know I always make it. Just keep positive thoughts and know you are blessed. What helps also is mommies need "me time" so if you need a night with the girls do it cause it will help u be a better parent cause that's less stress your child senses. :)
  • I was 18 when I had my first and was scared s*itless! Lol thought I was gonna do a crap job and not be able to provide for my child like I wanted to. Well he came 10 weeks early and seeing him so fragile and so tiny made ne realise that I'm the strongest woman alive because now I'm not just me I'm HIS mummy. The love and strength you get when you first see them is uncontrollable and from that moment on you realise that along as you can give that life all the love in the world then everything is going to he ok :)