Child support

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
Lost my job and its been hard finding a new one and not with father anymore can I still get child support and visitation rights if I can't find a job til after baby is born? Father wants to be in baby life but his lifestyle is disgusting and shouldn't be around a baby.

Comments

• Do you mean child support before baby is born?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • If you're talking about before. You're more likely to get spousal support then child support. But here in Utah you have to have been either married or at least living together as though married for at least one year. At least that was the time frame when me and my ex split 15 1/2 years ago
  • After the baby is here. Its been hard finding a job especially when they find out I'm pregnant so if I can't get a job til after I was thinking about child support and visitation rights because father is a piece of shit
  • Of course you can. If he denies the baby u will need a dna test, but even if u work hun, you can file. It's for your child.
  • Can u try looking in the paper for errands you can run for the elderly. My ex mominlaw does this for extra $. Takes them to doc appts. Or grocery shopping.