Please help me!

Yesterday my fiancee went in at 16 wks to find out the gender of our baby. We saw very clearly that it was indeed a boy. But right after we were called in to see our ob. She told us that there was a good chance our baby boy could have Spina Bifida. Is there any other moms on here that were told the same thing? Someone please help me, I haven't stopped crying in 24 hours. Please...

Comments

• Sorry to hear that sweet. It didn't happen to me but my sis was told hee baby had downs and major heart probs. Well her little one is now 4 and has no downs or heart probs. I'm not saying their wrong but it does sometimes happen. I'm a big believer in we don't her more than we can handle. I used to look after a girl with sb and she was a wonderful beautiful girl. Good luck hunny and try not to stress, what will be will be x x x x
  • Thank you Cheryl. Xx
  • Im soooooooooooo very very sorry a lil friend of mine had the same thing happen at 20weeks just before Christmas...she was and still is devastated...she made the hard decision to let him go and gave birth to the most amazing little boy a few days later..he was obviously born asleep like a tiny angel....im so sorry hun xxx
  • My son's neural tube failed to close on the top resulting in anencephaly. He passed 2 days after he was born. Your son's neural tube failed to close on bottom,This is difficult bc sb can be a viable condition to live with. That choice must be made by u and u alone. I'm sorry doll!! ((hugs))
  • THERE IS A SURGERY THAT CAN BE PERFORMED WHILE PREGNANT TO CLOSE THE OPENING, while iT is your decision I believe every child deserves the chance at life. ALSO LISTEN TO NO ONE ELSES STORY OF UNFAVORABLE OUTCOME AND BECOME HOPELESS. Every child is different. I worked L&D and seen things that made cringe and ask how and why? But those babies would be fine....it's amazing how much these lil ones can with stand. You r in My prayers l. Congratulations on the sighting of your lil turtle.

@jaime77 I'm very sorry for your loss.
  • Thanks, I 100% agree with your post. I'm prolife but I can't tell someone else how to feel, only share my experiences. My husband wld cry and say wish Brandon had spina bifida. I guess his way of coping with our loss.
  • We go in monday to find out how severe it is. I've been talking with our families, but I'm still confused on what to do. I cannot bring a suffering child into this world. All the surgeries, and other medical things he would go thru just kills me. I'm 16 weeks and feel him like crazy. My fiancee and I are not financially capable to get him the best of the best. Please pray that the drs are wrong and he is just fine. My little boy...
  • Best thing to do hun is listen to all the options the doc gives you then really give some time to go through the emotions. THEN, make the best decision you can make for your little family. In the meantime I will be. Crossing fingers, saying prayers and standing in faith that your little one will be fine!
  • Hi! I wanted to share my experience witg you as well. I was about 25 weeks when I found out my son had a chance of spina bifida. It was never a definite diagnosis though, because he never had any of the other signs. Anyway, about 6 months after he was born, they concluded that he has a minor form of spina bifida - lipomenigicoma (I'm sure I've spelled that wrong.) What he has is a sack of fat that attached itself to the bottom of his spine. Doctors at Sick Kid's in Toronto (great place, great people!) were afraid he'd have trouble walking and problems with his bladder and bowels. My Jake proved them wrong though. :) He started walking at 10 months and we've started potty training. ;) But yes, he will have to have surgery to detach that sac from his spine and ANY type of surgery is scary let alone neurosurgery... but we're very optimistic :)
    So even though it's very scary now and it's very stressful, just know there's always hope. <3
  • There is always hope! Maybe talking with other families dealing with raising a child with sb can make a difference in calming your fears. What to expect ect. Even finding funds to help with medical expenses.
  • @excitedmommy2b you are in my prayers, along with your little boy. Keep your head high and try to stay positive- your baby can feel negativity. I hope the doctors are wrong and that your son comes out just fine!
  • Thank you so much everybody. Your answers have helped me tremendously through this very hard time.
  • The results came back positive. My son has Spina Bifida. The opening is in the middle of his spine, and there's some fluid in his brain already. My fiancee are devastated. I knew this was coming, so im trying to stay strong. We have decided not to go on with the pregnancy, seeing as there's some damage to his brain already. Please pray for his soul and us. We hope to get pregnant again very soon. He will forever be my son and my guardian angel. I will never forget him. Please keep us in your prayers.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh my friend.... Im sorry to hear about your bby boy. Lotz of prayers are going your way... Stay strong!!
  • omg I cant imagine how u feel.. my heart is breaking for yall and ur little boy. :(