undecided on baby girl name!

edited April 2011 in Baby names
I am having trouble deciding what to name our baby girl... we have always loved the name Layla Jayde, but am leaning towards Ellie Jade after my husbands deceasedd grandma. Her name was actually elanora, but everyone called her ellie. We have a son named ethan james. I also thought ethan and ellie sounded well together, but would it be weird that they would have the same initials! What to do? Layla or ellie?

Comments

• I like Ellie. :) I don't think having the same initials is weird.
  • Their both cute names I like Ellie(: I think it would be adorable for them to have same initial
  • I like Ellie
  • Ella and lailani we're both names me and BD originally liked and then later liked the spin on Ellie or Layla. So I think they both are beautiful, beautiful names :) We ultimately decided on Lailani tho. It is hawaiian for heavenly flower and I don't know if you know but Layla means dark beauty :) Very pretty but its arabic and I wanted to stick with something of my culture
  • Layla, only cuz children can be evil lil monkeys and ellie makes me think elephant... and I guarantee kids would think the same.
  • Im 33wks and we are still debating too!
  • Thanks so much for your input ladies! I think we are going with Ellie Jade ;-)
  • Layla means dark beauty I love it