anyone else preggo with thier first still not showing @ 13 weeks?

edited April 2011 in October 2011
I'm due the 23rd of Oct and I've had days where I'm bloated to where I look like I'm showing but its gone once my food digests the next morning. I'm really tiny. 4'11" and 99 lbs and I'm 13 weeks today.... any explanations ladies? I'm getting impatient lol

Comments

• I'm due Halloween. And they say most won't start showing until around 16 weeks. Wouldn't worry about it.
  • I'm almost 13 weeks with my second and still not showing. I remember how frustrated I was last time, I was past 20 weeks before I started showing and wore regular clothes to the hospital to deliver. I'm actually glad for it this time though, it was easy to go back to my normal size (I actually left the hospital weighing less than my prepreggo weight) and I felt great at the end of my pregnancy, instead of sore and tired from lugging around a huge belly. My daughter weighed 7lbs 6oz too.
  • Ugh. I'm just so frustrated lol I get a belly and get excited and then its gone and I don't feel pregnant except for my itchy boobs and the pain in my nipples and the nausea.... I'm sure when I start showing ill bitching abt something else.... haha. oh well. @ckazfirst how are u with symptoms and did u have an ultrasound or r scheduled for another anytime soon?I'm getting my second one on wednsday :)
  • @laura536 that makes me feel better. I'm just getting tired of my coworkers saying so ur 13 weeks? how come ur not showing yet? lol um lemme pull an answer out of my ass for you.... haha no effing clue. I mean I understand they're excited to see me get bigger but seriously? they're all women too and I thought men were the insensitive ones....
  • @amyduh yeesh that's frustrating. Have u started to feel movement yet? And do u get bloated when u eat?
  • You're still too early to show.
  • Yeah, you can't win...if you were showing, they'd all just be going on about how huge you look, lol! I just tell them the baby is sitting far back.
  • I'm 13 weeks, due Oct. 21st and am not showing, just looks like I have a gut now.
  • @shanlam thanks lol i was thinking that but kept hearing other ladies saying they were... maybe they werent being honest or mistook bloating for baby orrrr theyre preggo with twins or thier fifth child... thats why i put its my first bc i keep getting told that your first doesnt show as much as second or third pregnancies....

@laura536 yes, lol itll probably turn out that way anyways. im so glad my doc wanted me to go down to part time hours. its the only way i can still work and take breaks when i want without losing my job. so i dont really have to deal with those comments for 8 hrs vs 6. soooo much better.

and i have a tilted uterus that tilts backwards so haha i can really say the babys sitting far back but when the ob used the handheld doppler she found the heartbeat without even pressing down that far and then the baby 'swam away' as she put it lol but she found it again in a few seconds. still 159 this past wednsday :) strong and healthy
  • @excitedforoctober yea half the time mine does too. lol and then i poo and its all gone :( lmfao
  • buuuut theres still a little bump pushin out just not noticable by anyone but me bc only i know how much more there is now vs a few months ago....
  • @kdaniels yep, exactly! Well my bf notices that I have the gut too, I guess since he and I are the only ones that see me naked lol
  • @excitedforoctober haha yes of course. and my hubby kisses my belly when im bloated and sometimes when not, i almost started gigling once bc he wasnt kissing anywhere near the baby but i didnt have the heart to tell him. but since our last visit when the obgyn told him where the baby was positioned and he heard the heartbeat for the first time hes been kissing the right area. sooo cute. this pregnancy has been so good for us. it was rough before, like the first two months but were learning so much about how to deal wiht problems we didnt know we had. and hes getting more patient. i knew there was a reason i picked an older guy haha the maturity thats supposed to come with age is finally showing!
  • @kdaniels Aw cute! My bf is also older than me, by 6 years but there were times that he has acted so much younger than I. Ugh! But recently we have also been learning how to deal with our issues, we just want to make sure we bring baby into a drama free environment! Things have been rough with us too, until a few days ago when I ended up in the ER for heavy bleeding but I think that was a big wakeup call for him.
  • Im due the 26th and I got a little pudge..cant wait to get out of that stage lol
  • @excitedforoctober awww mine is 7 yrs older :) and yes, there are plentyyyy of times hes such a freaking baby. and ive been telling him i need to be in a stress free environment for the babys health and thats all he should b worrying about no matter how angry he is with me dont take it out on me bc the baby gets the brunt of it. and sweetie! thats horrible! i hope everythings okay with you and the little bun! ive had cramps and back pains but my doc keeps saying if youre not bleeding then theres no need to worry....i would be so freaked out if that happened to me! im glad youre okay now but did they say what was wrong?

and its a good thing that a bad incident spurred him to be a man. i wasnt so lucky with my first pregnancy which ended in a miscarriage. my ex wouldnt take me to the hospital for three days i bled heavily and had the worst labor pains i think ill ever experience and then i passed the baby. thats when i called my sister in law who thankfully lived near me even though we both moved from delaware to washington state and she was also pregnant at the same time but still managed to carry me down the stairs of my apt building and into her car and to the er where they had to put me on morphine bc i couldnt stop yelling bc of the pain. it was horrible. and my ex just called my sister in law and was like yea i cant come bc i have to finish my shift. and i went into a deep depression after that. broke up, had an anxiety attack and admitted myself to a hospital... lots of bad stuff. but im convinced everything will be okay thhis time. and im so happy for you that that whole thing turned your bf around for you. sometimes it takes the worst for things to get better! everything happens for a reason!
  • @mybambino28 awww yea i cant wait either!!! its so frustrating! lol
  • In 6 months on Wednesday an I'm not showing this is my first
  • I'm 17 weeks and I look prego now,not just fat LOL
  • I get the awkward looks like is she pregnant or just fat lol
  • @baby_love oh damn! with my luck thatll be me too..... me sister in law didnt start showing till she was almost due but she was trying to lose weight when she got pregnant so the doc said she had plenty of room to expand and lucky her she didnt have too much cramping. ohhh how i envy her now!

@babiescomin2011 i keep hearing 16 weeks ill be popping out so i hope thatll be me but somehow im doubting it lol and congrats! you must be so happy :) all that waiting finally paid off!

@mybambino28 lol yea when i tell ppl how far along i am they look very confused at my belly and then i feel like an idiot for even telling them bc now they will b staring at my tummy for weeks waiting for some 'proof' im expecting. ugh.
  • I'm 19 weeks with my 3 rd in 4 years and I'm still not showing lol I'm tall, and thin talk about depressing
  • Well I'm 5' 11" an only weight 156 so I'm tall an skinny an I only gained 6 pound from being pregnant I hope she starts to come out more
  • @jpmommy awww man thats aggrivating.... :( i guess it also goes to show that what they say about your third or fourth kid making you show a lot more can be wrong.... we never know do we!? are you getting cramping with this one? ligament pains? bc if the babys not pushing out it must be crowding your organs!!
  • Itll happen overnight lol then theyll wonder if were stuffing pillows under our shirts :)
  • @kdaniels O yea,I'm like you ..5 foot even, 95 lbs pre pregnancy. So I figured is sho2 fairly quickly,not the case. This happened almost over night and I love it. So be patient it will happen before you know it. This is going by pretty fast for me,in just a few short weeks ill be half way through my pregnancy,its amazing LOL
  • @baby_love im sure she will :) i had one of my regular customers come in when she was pregnant and she was about 5'11" too and she didnt really start to poke out till she was aboutttt i wanna say 30 weeks... but she had her baby early. she was so tiny a little premie when she brought her back in... right before she had her little girl the lady wasnt much bigger than a basketball.... and u really couldnt tell unless she turned to the side and she only looked about 24 weeks along.... its different for everyone but im so impatient :)
  • I didn't start showing til about 25 weeks. People don't believe me when I tell them I'm 34w now.. They think maybe mid-20s
  • @mybambino28 hahaha lol im dreading those comments too hahahahaha

@babiescomin2011 thanks hun! yea i was 98 lbs pre pregnancy and i still only gained a pound... :( but it already seems to be going by so fast i cant beleive im already 13 weeks when i was worried abt miscarrying a few weeks ago! like you say, before i know it ill be half way through!
  • @lauren0204robert how has your pregnancy been on you? hard? easy? howre you feeling now?