thinking about being alone in the delivery room

edited April 2011 in Giving birth
My hubby really starts to piss me of. I don't know if its hormones or what but since he works and I can be the stay at home mom I just think its fair to let him sleep in on weekends but recently its not only sleeping in is also taking a nap and thinking he is the king of the house and he can't lift a finger. Complains about his Iraq injurious and I don't seem to be allowed to have a headache or be tired. I know I will be the one doing it all alone again and he never gets up at night and will sleep in. So I think since he can't help and probably just sleep and talk bs and joke around with the nurses in the delivery room why should I even let him be in there. All my close friends I would let be in there live to far away.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Have you thought about hiring a doula to help you through labor? She could help get him involved in a productive way or help you without him there.
  • I'm right there with you my husband is an Iraq veteran too and to hear him tell it he's dying but if I say I'm nauseas he can top that one. He works too and I stay at home but I told him if he thinks he's gonna lay up in the bed when our son gets here he's highly mistaken so he better get use to it now.
  • @mama_kat he didn't pass out or puked with the first 2 so I know the whole thing how it will be like.

@blissmarie23 what's a doula? He was there with our first 2 so he isn't good at coaching
  • @babee1aug10 mine swears he got up and feed our son. how home that I feed it around the time he usually wakes up during the night??? It seems like they can always top it. where were you guys stationed?
  • He was in Jacksonville Nc. He got out right before we met a couple years ago. So I just have the privilege of dealing with the aftermath as I like to call it Haha.
  • @Baybee1aug10 I think they use that all as an excuse to sleep and stuff. I am due in 5 days. When is your due date?
  • August 10th with a boy! Have you made any progress?!
  • A doula is a labor coach. To help u out, get wat u need give u support. I never had one but hear they r great to have. Ask for one.
  • edited April 2011
    @baybee1aug10 well I been having contractions for 3 weeks now but I still need that quarter inch for them to keep me so I was hoping my contractions would pick up but unfortunately not. i feel like my water would break any minute the head and everything is ready to go besides the contractions. My due date with my second was august 10th.
  • @one5one thanks. Never heard about them.
  • Ur welcome
    I hope ur labor goes drama free & smoothly!!
  • @one5one all my previous went fast and smooth so I am hoping that one will as well.
  • One5one explained it well...a doula is a greek term meaning mothers helper. They are a coach that's trained in labor and delivery. Most offer a birth class and a post pardum visit.

I told my first OB that I didn't think anyone would be in the delivery room with me and he suggested I look into hiring a doula. I found a great doula from a list he gave me!! She has become my friend and has helped me deliver 2 babies. This will be our third delivery together. She also helped in the process of training my good friend to be a doula. I highly recommend finding one if your hubby needs some coaching in the labor room
  • My hub was good the first time. & it went smoothly too. Water broke at 3am. At the hospital b4 4am. Epidural little after 6am or so. Baby out at 7:35am. Not sure if ill be as lucky this time.