Labor

edited April 2011 in Giving birth
I lost my mucus plug and appearantly my water broke about 14 hours ago.. )': These contractions are horrible, and I'm still only about 3cm dilated and even if my contractions have gotten stronger, they're also not as frequent as they would want it to be so I won't be getting my epidural anytime soon.. THIS PAIN IS HORRRRRRRRIBLE! D:

Comments

• I was into too much pain to remember and hear everything the nurse said, but something sealed itself a little so I am no longer leaking amniotic fluid, just bleeding here and there.
  • edited April 2011
    Try as best you can when a contraction comes to relax every muscle in your body. Like a rag doll...or you can try to get up and walk around. It should make labor move faster. Or you could try to use the bathroom (sounds weird I know) or take a hot shower.
  • Where does it hurt?
  • Aww good luck girly! did u know when ur water broke?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Walking around does wonders, I've been walking for hours straight, but had to sit down cause my feet were starting to hurt. At first there was mild pain down in my abdominal area, and as the hour passed, it got stronger and now is everywhere, from my abdominal area to to top of my belly )':
  • @mommy2audrey I woke up around 6am from groaning from pain in my sleep and when I went to use the bathroom I noticed a big wet stain in my boxers and I was bloody so I went to the docs right away, I got checked around 9am and they told me I broke my water. I've been in the hospital right after she told me, and I'm still here, still 3cm dilated but with stronger contractions D:
  • I had a natural birth with my daughter and walked till it was time to push. It definetly helped a lot.
  • Ahh im constantly thinking my water is going to break...
  • You could try the hands and knees position with lots of pillows underneath to support ur belly. Try to remember not to tighten ur abdomen justlet the belly flop. It may help to prop it up on something
  • my water broke friday and they gave me magnesium to stop the contractions, im still waiting for little guy to come
  • Its so hard cause whenever I feel pain I tense up and clench my jaws out of reflex ):

@aidensmommy6911 how far along are you?
  • Aww you poor thing! You can do it :) don't be discouraged.. and hooray for going early I'm so jealous (we shared a due date but not anymore) congratulations chica you are almost there!!
  • @beautiufl_altar Ohmygosh, I give you props. This pain is too much for me )': Its also my first child.
  • You can do it!! When ur uterus contracts you can exhale and think about your favorite place in the world. Try to imagine the wind in the trees or the waves on the beach. Your uterus will tighten but always relax again. And if possible try to relax between contractions. You can really do it!
  • I got my epidural and I got even extra med through the iv cause the med isn't strong enough, if the contractions are strong I'm squeezing the living shit out of the baby father. I've fotten the med jbakrf
  • Sorry, drugged. I don't remember what I meant to type at the end
  • @LeahsMommy, how far along are you?
  • Congrats momma!! Good luck %%- :X
  • Ask to get in the bath take a warm bath I heard it helps. I am going to labor in a tub. Good luck keep us posted.
  • All the best hun.
  • Oh my! GoodLuck! Focus on ur baby! U will b fine, like every one says try to relax between contractions! Keep us posted! Congrats!
  • Just woke up from being drugged with a lot of dosage at once, from a pain med through my I.V. & some other medication from the wire to my back from the epidural. I can't stop shaking, I'm so cold but the nurse thinks my room is burning hot. Sadly I'm only just 4 cm dilated now.

@SOSmommy I'm 37 weeks.
  • Thank you everyone, you're all so kind.. I just thought it'd be wrong if I kept talking like the world revolves around me without saying thank you to everyone for their time to actually respond and wishes for good luck.
  • Idk but for some reason I feel so emotional.
  • U HAVE ME SCARED.LOL IM ALSO 37WKS. LAST WK THE DOCS TOLD ME I HAD DILATED ABOUT A CM. I GO BACK TOMORROW N I HOPE SHE HAS COME DOWN MORE! :).. IM READY. NOT FOR TGE PAINS THO. JUST HANG N THERE THO
  • Good luck hunny :)
  • Good luck I hope baby comes soon. With your water breaking.