Tanning while pregnant

edited January 2011 in Health
Just wondering thoughts and insight on the matter.

Comments

• Definatly not it can cause harm to your baby and your body is going through a lot of chemical changes also which even if u have a good tan going you could still burn
  • I actually had talked to my obgyn about tanning while pregnant(cause you need a note from your doc. To tan at a tanning salon) he said that of course tanning isnt recomended for anyone due to skin cancer. He did say you can use a tanning bed during pregnancy that it wont harm your baby. The only thing that is needed is ventolation a good fan blowing on you so you dont overheat is all(all tanning beds that i have been in have had built in fans and a stand up fan at the foot. Of the bed) and he game me note for my tanning salon so I can tan. I also had worked at a tanning salon for years and had many f pregnant moms that tanned all through there pregnancy at all stages, of course they had a Dr. Note. I have tanned many times while I was pregnant and I own my own bed now and Im 7months pregnant as well. When I do tan I use a box fan on high to keep me cool! As with any pregnancy though just check with your obgyn before taking any advice from anyone! :) Have a healthy happy pregnancy!!
  • Yep I agree with Star Dust, you can tan no problem as long as you dont get too hot. But you will need a note from your Dr.
  • Thanks! My dr said its ok this is my third pregnancy and with my first 2i didn't tan, but why should I feel unattractive? It makes me feel better that I'm tanning knowing other pregnant women are also