How does a kicking baby feel.

edited February 2011 in Second Trimester
I thought last night that I felt our baby girl kid and I'm 21 weeks and I've heard around the 21st and 22nd month is when you'll start to feel the baby kicking. I though she was kicking cause I felt a light thud on the left lower side of my stomach and so I kept my hand there for a min or two and it kept going but than when I put my Husbands hand on my stomach to feel it stopped, and this is my first child as well so I'm not sure I know what to be looking for.

So when your baby is kicking you how is it suppose to feel?

Comments

• Yes I think its your baby kicking I started to feel my little girl around 18 weeks and now they are stronger it took my husband a while to finally feel her kick and she is at the stage where she is more active
  • Wow that's amazing. I can't wait for her to kick hard enough for my husband to feel her, he's so excited to feel her kick. We were looking at baby cribs and stuff last night and it was so cute watching his face when he was looking at the different things we could have.
  • I know my husband was super excited now he feels her all the time she is non stop haha and awe my husband is all excited shopping for all our baby stuff also where are you from
  • Awe that's sweet. I'm in Vegas, and yourself? Man it's so nice to talk to someone back and forth (:
  • what part of vegas i live here also hehe im in the northeast side :)
  • No way! I live northeast. I live on Charleston.
    Weird question but are you by any chance Mormon?
  • charleston and what??? im on pecos and owens and no im not :/
  • With my frst pregnancy I know it felt kind of like when you have gas moving around that light feeling minus the crampin lol
  • and torrey pines.
  • yeah i get that too.
  • do you go to school or work??? so your actually in the northwest side of town its nice to find ppl on here that live in the same city :)
  • Oh haha I have no sense of direction. No school right now, I work at bath & body works. I live right by csn charleston campus. Yeah I've been looking for someone in the same city, I'm due in June, you? (:
  • Yea.....she is def kicking.....sometimes she might just be changing positions and it feels like a kick.....and my son does the same thing: he only lets mommy feel he's kicking.....its a bonding thing.....she's used to you touching the stummy but not anyone else, so she might get aclittle scared or shy when other people try to feel her move
  • Hehe its ok and bath and body works doesn't the smell get you nauseas?? I work at the palazzo hotel its easy retail just like you and I'm due may 27 with a little girl :) have you thought what hospital to deliver
  • I can't wait for mine to start kickin. All I feel rite now is pain in my belly. Lol. But there's something that scares me, when im laying down sometimes my belly will go up or get alil bigger im not sure if its gas or somthing and its kinda scary when my stomach is doin that. This is my first and I have no idea how the baby moves. Anyways congratz to u guys and God bless. :)
  • Izlander4, that's what I was thinking but I wasn't for sure. Thank for telling me that, now I can tell my hubby so he's not so sad lol. Last night I was feeling little like bubble popping motions in my low tummy like she was doing flips or sumthin haha.

Grissy_barria, yeah it makes me super sick but I usually am at the register so I don't get that bad of a smell of the store except when walking in and out of it and I only demo things that wont make me wanna puke haha. My family usually delivers their babies 3 weeks early so I'm hoping she comes like first week of June (: Ima deliver in the Sumerlin hospital, I hear its by far the best. My mom has checked everything out already lol.

Islandgirl, I feel tons of pain in my tummy too, my OB says is cause my uteru is going to start growing rapidly now that the baby is going to start getting larger very fast, that my body has to give the baby more room to grow and that's why I'm goin to feel so much pain. Oh and my stomach usually gets bigger like that when I have gas or I haven't eating to long ago before laying down.
  • It's a fluttering feeling bc my Baby girl kicks and moves