Anybody else

edited April 2011 in First time moms
I can't help but sit up everyday and think about who we should choose for our baby's godparents. I have a god daughter and have helped to raise her since she was 2 wks. I think my child deserves to have god parents just as great. I have few friends and they all live far from me. I've actually been in deep thought about this since day 1.

Comments

• I have gen giving this a lot of throught to. I have people in my life that I think will be great god parents. But its hard to choose. What makes one better then the other?
  • A question for you, are you choosing God parents for relgious reasons or for legal reason(someone stated in you will to take care of your children if something should happen to you). I know they can be one in the same but for us its more about having someone in place should something happen to us. We had friends chosen for our first two, but somethings happend and we had to take their names out of our will. I think when choosing God parents for whatever reason, one thing to look for is do the people you are choosing share some of the same values as you and are they able and willing to take care of your children should something happen.
  • I have no friend or family I can choose :-((
  • @jbandno3 Both purposes. I no longer have a friendship with my god daughter's mother but we remain cordial and only talk about the child. I don't think there is anyone other than family fits what I would like for god parents.