Am I being a impatient, only child, spoiled brat??...Promise I wont get offended.

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
My Mom and I are very close. Im an only only child. She's always been my biggest support in ways I cant even describe. This pregnancy has been no different. She been involved from day 1. When my bf and I were having problems it was my Mom who came to the rescue (she always comes to the rescue actually). Im scheduled to have a gender u/s on Friday. My next u/s was originally set for May 5th, but I found out last week that they could take me as early as this Friday. Ive been so excited and the week is just creeping by. I called to tell her the date and time because shes been at all my u/s and I knew she would be at this one. Later that day she called and asked if I could make it earlier that morning or postpone it for next week. She said that her and her boyfriend had planned to spend the day together before I made my appt. and she didnt want to cancel on him. I absolutely love my Moms boyfriend. He works 7days a week and rarely gets a day off so I know getting spending the day together is important to them. When I called the u/s place they said that the next time they could see me would be next Wednesday. I dont want to wait that long. When I called to tell my Mom she kind of made me feel bad. I told her I wouldnt be upset if she couldnt make it and she would be the first to know when we found out. I know ill always come first and when it comes down to it she'll be at my u/s before she goes anywhere with him but I dont want to have to feel bad about it.

Am I being an impatient brat? Should I just go ahead and change the date?

Comments

• I would change the date if its that important to you both she be there let her have a day about her and her bf
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Personally I'm so damn inpatient I wouldn't change it..but of you and your mom are really close and you want her to be there it will make her feel very special you changed it for her, especially since she knows how inpatient you are!!!
  • Change the date.
  • @mommys1stbundle yes you really should change the date. like you said your mom has always been there for you and always will. try being understanding of her needs sometimes. if her bf rarely gets time off to spend w/ your mom, maybe they really need and deserve this quality time together. you said it yourself...you know if you don't reschedule she'll still come but you'd feel bad about it. if you really love Mommy and don't want a guilty conscience just reschedule. Besides your original u/s was set for May 5. They will still see you before May 5 if you reschedule for next week. It really isn't that long of a wait. We're already in the middle of this week. Just have a little patience and do this for your Mom, okay. I bet she'd appreciate it sooo much. Good luck hun! :X
  • Well do what your heart says. I'm impatient too. Maybe they both can go its quick. If they. Can't just reschedule but tell them to call if there is an appt that opens up sooner.
  • Change the date! I have a feeling if u dont, u wont enjoy it. It will bring u guys closer!
  • If they go with you then you can do something nice for them and give them money to go see a movie or something. You can also tell her they can leave the sec they know the sex.
  • edited April 2011
    @2prayingforour3rd ~ Lol. Its ok. Ive been called worse.

I think deep down I know you guys are right. I also have my bf in my ear telling me I shouldnt change it. He's looking forward to Friday like a kid on Christmas Eve as well. He thinks it should be about me and him.

I also asked her if she could bring her bf along to the u/s and then they could continue their day after. Apparently they had the whole day planned in DC (about 45mins away) so the u/s being so late would really put a dent in the day.
  • Yes, you're being a brat. Lol. Sorry, I feel bad now! A couple extra days is no big deal, especially if it means sharing something so important with your mom. Trust me, a month from now you're going to forget all about having to wait 5 more days. Or you'll remember but laugh at yourself for being so silly!!! Change it to Wednesday!!! :)
  • maybe you guys could record it and watch it with her when she is done with her day with her bf but if not just explain to your bf how important it is for her to be there
  • Im going down the list of u/s places that I can go to. I doublt ill get anything this week but its worth a try. If not ill change it. This is going to make my bf very happy when he get home. lol. Im like a girl version of a mamas boy, except my Mom doesnt meddle (unless you cross her baby girl). He has a strained relationship with his Mom so he doesnt get it.
  • I would have moms boyfriend come too then they can go on there way..waiting is hard enough but another week?? I couldn't do it my mom n I r best friends too
  • I think so hun. Just let her go on the date. You've already waited this long. Like you said your mom is always there for you. So maybe you should just wait til the 5th.. or if they can get you in at another earlier date.