ultrasounds?

edited February 2011 in Teen moms
I've been browsing this app since my fiance got me this phone. I'm 35 weeks pregnant with my son. I've had four ultrasounds and another coming February 15th. My uncle told me ultrasounds are linked with autism. Has anyone else heard this? I know I need to relax for my baby but I'm worried now.

Comments

• the drs wouldnt have them done if they had bad side effects. my mom had to have one with me every 2 weeks due to developing cervical cancer and a hernia during her pregnancy. i came out just fine.
  • Thank you. I've been paranoid my whole pregnancy then hearing that scared me. But your reply has helped me relax.
  • no prob and jsut to let u kno the cancer was due to her contracting HPV prior to pregnancy the only bad thing that ever happened cuz of her ultrasounds is the fact that she accidently peed the bed during one of them!!!
  • My niece is autistic and as far as they know they can't really find a reason for autism. They speculate that a lot of things could be linked but nothing can be proven. I've never heard anything about ultra sounds even being a speculation but if you are nervous you can always ask your doctor.