pregnant with piercings :-/

edited April 2011 in November 2011
Does anyone else have their belly pierced? I've had mine since the tenth grade and now that im pregnant I'm scared that the hole with stretch and leave a nasty scar. I took the ring out about three weeks ago, but i hope it still wont stretch. Any suggestions?

Comments

• My friends belly piercing didn't stretch
  • I put pregnancy bar in mine but still kinda stretched and hurt but I'm only 18 weeks :/ so I've took it out now had mine done nearly 10 years so shouldn't heal up i just keep putting a belly bar through when i remember :)
  • I have had mine 12 years, thru all my pregnancies. Never had an issue. Good luck!
  • Thank you. I don't feel as worried now :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Im 5 Months && I Still Have Mine In
  • I wore a pregnancy plastic bar my entire first pregnancy. It looked fine while pregnant but as soon as baby was out there was a stretch between the entry and exit hole lol, looks more like a white scar then a stretch mark tho.
  • I took mine out rather b safe than sorry but they have pregnancy belly button rings but mine already hurt n I don't want it to stretch
  • Ahh I'm 37wks and its the only place I got stretch marks :( I'm so sad about it. They look like horns coming from the scar
  • I had my nipples pierced and I just took them out because it was hurting so bad. I was so attached my my piercings it's weird not having them now but i can't have milk squirting from evry which angle lol
  • @ 1st time mommy I had my nipples pierced and milk came out of there too:) @ one in the oven. I'm prego with my 4th and have had my naval pierced since I was 15 and no problems so far. Got a maternity naval ring online and when I get super big I just take it out but put it thru the hole every day to keep it open
  • I had my nips done and its easyer to brestfead with them bc its alowing milk to come out with out all the sucking which can hurt I don't have them now but I did with my last and it does hurt right now none of my peircings are getting in the way I have my tounge my lips*snakebites* eyebrow and ears gauged
  • I've had my belly peirced for 6yrs and I decided I would take it out now, I'm 23 weeks and I figure if you've had your peircing for a while it shouldn't close but I do believe leaving a ring in there will cause stretching.
  • I have my clot pierced and my doctor didn't make any remarks yet. I was just discussing this with my friend yesterday and she said her friend just had a baby and didn't have to take it out. I'm still scared that during labor something may go wrong. I'm going to ask at my appt on Wed if I should get over it and take it out :(
  • I have my clot pierced and my doctor didn't make any remarks yet. I was just discussing this with my friend yesterday and she said her friend just had a baby and didn't have to take it out. I'm still scared that during labor something may go wrong. I'm going to ask at my appt on Wed if I should get over it and take it out :(
  • I left my belly ring in with my first till about 5 months and it did scar something awful. I think had I taken it out earlier it wouldn't have done so much stretching and damage. :(
  • edited June 2011
    i only took my belly piercing out at about 5 months and its left an awful red scar and is all stretched. it was a special pregnancy one but it still left scars. it looks like i have 3 belly buttons :( wish i took it out earlier
  • @oneintheoven I have a pregnancy belly button ring the stays in the whole time. A friend bought it on line and doctor said it is fine to leave it in.
  • Mines gross :/ for some reason my body is now rejecting my percings, so I will have to take mine out :'( WAHHHH
  • i took my belly piercing out coz i heard it can get infected whilst pregnant.. is that true? coz i just took my piercing out to be safe :/