What did you get the most of at your babyshower/registry?

edited April 2011 in Baby showers
My husband has a huge family that lives up north, they won't be at the baby shower
but they want to buy gifts.
I'm curious as to what people bought the most of with your little ones?
I'm wondering if I put alot of clothes if they will all just want to buy the clothes.. and leave the
other items thinking someone else will buy them.
I've never had a registry or a baby shower so i'm clueless on what I should have on there.
Just important things or everything?
Thanks for reading. =)

Comments

• I got a ton of clothes and thats about it I didnt put any clothes on my registry either lol
  • I got a lot of clothes, mainly 3-6 months and up.
    I also got a ton of blankets, I filled an entire dresser full! Oh and bibs!
  • @Adfennell83 Thats what i'm afraid of. My MIL has been sending boxes of clothes already.
  • personally I would skip putting clothes on there unless onesies or sleepers. I would but the things that you absolutely want or need on there. if they're from a different town finding the clothes you want maybe difficult. also if u put fewer items on your register the more likely you are to get those. just my opinion
  • We have large families too. We're expecting 100-150 or more at the babyshower. I didn't want to register clothes but may have to in order for there to be enough on the registry. Personally I would prefer gift cards to clothes but I'm not sure if its rude to ask for that.
  • I didnt get any blankets or wipes or anything we choose to use hybrid diapers and so I didnt get any diapers but my lil princess has more clothes then me just tell ppl what u need It will make it easier all around my sisters went crazy cause its been a few yrs since a baby was around best of luck mammaz
  • They are ordering it from the registry online and it's being mailed to our house, and then when I have my babyshower, we're going to do a video conference on skype so they can see me opening the gifts. @mommys1stbundle I want gift cards too but I think that's too impersonal, I guess. @Adfennell83 thank you! @kaylin thats what I was thinking.