Hemolyzed?! WTH!

edited April 2011 in Health
I had extra blood drawn...i have had some problems with my heart. The blood sample was taken on april 8th, and I just got a call today saying that the samples were hemolyzed. What could this mean?

Comments

• It means the red blood cells kinda burst and released their hemoglobin. It can be caused by several things - usually common if you have any type of bacteria infection like strep or staph, etc. Sometimes from autoimmune disorders or genetic reasons. They will just have to redraw and see if it occurs again.

Good luck, dear.
  • Thank you
  • I worked in a Lab n sometimes lab assistance don't handle the specimen right or forget to send it out within proper time frame ..so they like to use that excuse
  • Ya I'm a tech that draws blood daily...most likely it was the person who drew it did a crappy job. It's basically where ur blood cells burst. It's prolly not ur fault and they will just re draw ur blood. Did they have trouble getting ur blood? If can also happen if the
  • If they drop the tube of blood. Sry damn phone :(
  • Why they wait so long to call you? Its been weeks. They should have notified you the next day I would think.
  • @salsabia That's what I was thinking. That makes no sense to me. I'd say they f'd up and forgot to run it or something and now are covering their butts ha ha!
  • I thank all who responded...the info is greatly appreciated. Oh and I may be looking for a new doctor