disappointed in pregly...(rant ) feel as if treated unfairly...

edited April 2011 in Teen moms
For closing the "teen mom bashing" discussion... I have seen many negative comments towards teen moms posted on many discussions... &I believe it is unfair that the people with those beliefs can freely voice their opinion..mean while if teen moms stand up for themselves almost always the discussion gets closed... :/

Comments

• I agree, i was a teen mom and i know these girls have more than enough of a hard time taking in the fact there pregnant so young not to talk about what people may be saying or thinking behind their backs or to their face. theyll need more support now than before and with 99% of us being expecting moms we shouldnt bash them in any way or form.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mommy_of_two I am 18 & I'm 19w pregnant I'm working part time &going to school full time.. my baby will be well taken care of,by mommy an daddy. I know plenty of adults that cannot say that about their child. @btrflyqt85 yes this is supposed to be a support app.. I don't understand the reason people feel as if they can b rude to teen moms..!!?
  • I think all the judgment and ugly talk is messed up I thought this sight was for connecting and supporting pregnant women like ourself. :( be kind to one another and thankful for the little blessing on the way
  • Because hun, some people don't think that teens cant be a mom, not saying everyone says that but the rude ones really if you know what I am saying. I think that if it was your choice then she be ready for it. Always support and never judge a book by its cover!
  • @Suzy well said!! Sadly people pass judgment quick on teen moms...automatically assuming that this bby should be put up for adoption etc.. I can tell you right now my baby is mine and my baby comes first!! Adoption and definitely abortion NEVER came to my mind EVER during pregnancy..
  • @jay_brad the thing is that many ppl think that their beliefs are the only ones. typical marriage before sex etc etc... i was 18 when i first got married and i was pushed into getting married at 4 months all because i was worried wat people would think of me and i didnt want to be the shame of the family, and a year later i was filing for a divorce. i'm 26 now and have been with my bf for 2 years and couldnt be any happier to be expecting. people who find the need to express their negative feeling should get no response, it the best slap in the face rather then fueling their stupidity, which i've come to find out is not cureable. dont worry, ull make a great mother and most likely have a great family because u sound like a very intelligent young lady with better values than many others. the best of luck to u.
  • @mammanouchee thanks for support dear I wish everyone could see it tht way .. I do not appreciate bashing one bit :/ @lil_buggie_3 I honestly believe the people that cannot voice their opinion in a polite manner should not be allowed to make comments such as what were made..
  • @mama_kat some comments were indeed rude.. but I never meant to make you feel as if I thought tht u thought teen moms were bad just upsets me that people assume automatically that a teen mom is a bad mom... sick of reading posts that relates to the manner.
  • @btrflyqt85 it sickens me to think that mothers are out there that do drugs etc throughout pregnancy and its like teen moms are ranked lower than them because of age?? I think not!! I would never harm my baby or even think about partying..
  • @lil_buggie _3 thanks for your opinion &kind words ... I'm just hurt by the situation... age does not determine how good of a mom u can be...I guess some people will never see that :/ =((
  • @lil_buggie_3 I am the same way.. I'm strong for me &my baby but some teen mom's may be hurt by all this neigh saying... just standing up for those girls :X
  • Im a teen mom :) the nurse who confirmed my pregnancy was rude though se was all " well you didnt beat teen pregnancy" my mouth dropped. but now i know that many people have different opppinions, and most of them let them be heard. I have heard it all from im dissapointed in you to wow your too young to theres other options to being cuzed and because im having a baby at 19 :( i can only imagine younger teens going through this you really have to be strong and my respect to TEEN MOTHERS. Also why do they get surprised if a teen gets pregnant? im sure i was not the first and i wont be the last :) a baby is a blessing and to be a parent you dont have to be of older age, teen moms mature within just because they cant change their birthday doesnt mean that they'll be horrible parents :) i do though respect everyones opinions.
  • edited April 2011
    I was a mom at 18. I've done my best & I think my daughter is awesome. I think teen moms who work hard & are responsible are amazing. I think credit must be given when due. Being rude & nasty will not change the fact that these young girls are moms. Be kind & supportive and offer a helping hand. Mind you, I stopped at one back then because that stuff was HARD LOL. Now I'm 35 & about to do it all over again. I'm married, older, and a lot wiser. Will I now start condemning teen moms? Not a chance because I remember the judgments I got. @mama_kat, my pediatrician lectured me about "babies having babies!" So I politely told him that I was adult enough to change doctors and I bid him good day.
  • @fiirsttiimemommy2b babies are blessinggs always! I think teen moms should be proud!! They didn't take the easy way out w (abortion)not being rude to people who. Had them I'm extremely pro life but (no offense) teen moms that are giving up their party days to take care of their baby makes me so proud!!! That is the most mature thing ever&yet were still considered immature???
  • lil buggy 3: you're awsome and right on! Tellit GIRL! ^:)^
  • @lil_buggie_3 @tishj330 @mama_kat thank you all for reading &posting opinions its made me feel a lot better knowing people on.pregly that respect teen moms .. It's always nice to know teens have support!
  • I think some teen moms sometimes r more mature than older women/moms! We r all here for the same reason, info n support n maybe new friends :)
  • @letysfirst I completely agree!!! >:D<
  • @jay_brad I agree being mature is taking full responsibility for your actions :) and im proud to be a teen mother because i know im doing my best and will continue to do my best in keeping my baby safe and happy :) teens girls are women too women that deserve a chance and can be able to raise their child with out being judged :) if no one will take a stand for them who will? if i ever have a teen daughter and she becomes pregnant or a son with a pregnant girl i would support them 1000% because i know what it feels like and im sure if anyone out there who dont support teen mothers and have a daughter or son that end up in that situation would they contradict them selves by being supportive then? i think that no one should judge because you nevr know when that situation will hit close to home :)
  • edited April 2011
    @mama_kat. Thanks dear >:D<
    @fiirsttiimemommy2b where have u been all my life?? You think the same way I do!! Lol.