I have a question :-X (TMI)

edited April 2011 in Health
I just gave birth on the 19th, my first time and had some tearing that recquired stitches. While I was using the bathroom I took a look at myself 'cause I felt different down there and when I looked I noticed my inner labia (I'm guessing Labia Minora?) Is swollen and hanging out, is this normal? And if so, how long does it take for it to go back to normal? :/

Comments

• It could take several days to a week for it to go down. It is normal. And u can take a sitz bath and spray it with the little spray bottle (gently). That will help heal the stiches. They should have ice pack maxi pads that u can use at the hospital and dermaplast that will bring down the swelling some and take away some of the sting.
  • That's normal its takes a couple of weeks it will be back to normal just swollen
  • @leahmommy hows ur baby!!! how did birth go?
  • Oh good, phew, thanks. I was beginning to worry about that, as soon as I caught a glimpse of it my heart dropped in shock ): I thought the physical changes during pregnancy was bad! What I saw after delivery was far worse. Thanks for your input ladies <3 Its really appreciated.

@nicksmommy Leah is doing great! :D I'm just having a bit of trouble with breastfeeding, boy is it tough but I refuse to give up hahaa. Thanks for asking. How are you and your little one doing? (:
  • @leahsmommy we are good! thank god...only 3 more weeks to go...by the way ur very pretty:)
  • How much did she weight at birth?
  • @nicksmommy thank you very much hun

@mzfeliz she weighed six pounds and an ounce and was eighteen inches. She's tiny lol.
  • Aww she must be so cute nd adorable, congrat