sleep :(

edited April 2011 in December 2011
I have been having such a hard time sleeping lately and we just found out two weeks ago we are expecting our first baby. The same day Dr. Confirmed pregnancy he prescribed me ambien and said it is safe for the fetus. I know I'm not a Dr. But it seems not right. So I'm just wondering if any other soon to be moms take any sleeping aids or what others think of it. :-S

Comments

• I'm 33 weeks and I can't sleep. I asked my doctor for something so I can get some sleep but she refuses to give it to me. I've seen a few mommies on here that does take sleep medication.
  • I feel that way about tylenol (I know I know I'm narotic lol). I would say go with your instinct if it doesn't feel right don't do it. Try taking a warm bath maybe drink some tea etc......Hope this helps sweetie good luck!
  • My cardiologist gave me Ambien CR because I can't stay asleep and he said they were fine. He said it would be bad for a mommy if she's rundown all of the time. Right now, I have the luxury of sleeping whenever I want since my husby doesn't want me working while pregnant. Do you take naps? My doctor said if I don't want to take the pills just sleep whenever I feel tired.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • How far along are you??? Because it could get better by itself...when I first found out I was preggo I had a hard time sleeping but after a few weeks it got better...now im having a hard time staying awake...lol...maybe you should give it some time
  • My sister took over the counter unisom when she was pregnant, it helped with her morning sickness too. But you have to do what feels right for you. Try taking a warm bath before bed and try not to go to bed until you are tired. Don't just go in to bed and lay there. If you can't sleep get up and walk around or watch tv. Try finding a different place to sleep like the recliner or your couch. I had to try all of these things too. I finally just started sleeping at my mom's because I just could not sleep at my house.
  • Thanks everyone! I'm anywhere from 6 to 9 weeks Dr. Said 9 I think 6 but ill find out for sure this Wednesday. My sleeping problem started about 2 months ago I'm assuming from stress from planning our wedding! I will definitely try the bath and I use to drink hot t so thanks for the advice! I swear I hallucinate when I take it which scares me even if I wasn't pregnant! Thanks again ladies!
  • Not to warm of a bath though. You don't want it over 100 deg. B.c then it will make your core body temp high and can cause damage to baby.

If I were in your shoes. I would try to stay away from it if possible. I can't get to sleep either at night. But I wouldn't trust taking it. I usually go to bed at like 4am.
  • I took Ambien one time after my first was born and never took it again because it made me hallucinate too. I woke up in the middle of the night and looked over at a bookshelf and saw it in motion with lots of colors moving around. Freaked me out, not something I would want to happen to me while pregnant.