braxton hicks??

edited April 2011 in June 2011
Hey ladies I'm a first time mommy due June 14th I'm 32 weeks and a few days, and have heard a bunch about the baxton hicks...not sure if this is what I felt last night when I was sitting and then stood up and my belly all the way around to my back felt really tight as well as pressure under my belly?! Should I be worried or is this normal?

Comments

• That sounds normal to me. Everything feels super tight and hard when you have a contraction, Braxton Hicks or real. The difference is that real contractions come with some serious cramping; that's why your doctor wants to know if you have really bad cramps. I've been having contractions here and there since yesterday, but the doctor was only worried about when I was contracting Wednesday because it was steady and I had bad cramps with each one that went from under my belly around to my back. You should be a-ok, but you can always call your doctor for some peace of mind. :)
  • Thanxx :) how far along are you?
  • I'm only 28w3ds. Wanna keep this baby in as long as possible! >w<
  • I'm due June 14 as well and I have braxton hicks all the time, some become fairly painful and some don't... It sounds like that's what you are having! Good luck
  • Anyone had braxton hicks with vomiting?? I woke up from sleep just now with a tight, sore belly and had to go get sick...I'm due June 9th
    (But june 14th is my bfs bday!!)
  • Im 33 weeks and haven't had any yet,i don't think :/ guess that could be a good thing?
  • @natashalyn I just woke up like that a little while ago I called the doc yesterday he just said as long as its not accompanied by severe cramps then I'm a-okay but I did wake up throwin up with a tight belly :/ not fun haven't slept all night cuz of bein uncomfortable :(
  • I'm due June 15th I get them all the time and can hurt!!!
  • I'm due June 8 with my 2nd baby and still nothing and I hope it stays that way :)
  • I'm 36 weeks & I have bh some are bad & some aren't at all!!
  • How early can yu get braxton hicks?
  • @mommyy2be I've heard some girls get them pretty early on about 20 weeks for 1st time pregnancys and a few weeks later for subsequent pregnancies, I began to get them just a few weeks ago tho and I'm already 35 weeks :) however, went in for a check up yesterday and dr says my lil girl is already in position!