empty sac

edited February 2011 in First Trimester
Hi all a very sad day today went for a scan today only to find out that I have an empty sac no baby growing inside I have to go back on monday to see if there is any change but doctor thinks there wont be this is so unfair I had a miscarriage 4 months ago and now this I am still feeling very sick and the normal pregnancy problems yo get but it all seems for nothing again I am starting to feel like mother nature is picking on me

Comments

• I'm so sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to you.
  • I'm so sorry to hear that. :-(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • How far along? I went for a scan and there was only a sac...went in 11 days later and baby was there..they measured me younger then we originally thought. I hope things will be ok....
  • I am ment to be 9 weeks in 2 days my friends say that I may only be 7 weeks in 2 days but I cant see that they am right my last period was the 5th of dec which means I fell pregnant between the 16 and the 20 of dec I dont know maybe they am trying to make me feel better but I have to say I am kinda with the doctor on this one to me it dont look to good
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Some people ovulate later. I hope all is well.
  • Did you have any bleeding or cramping? The same thing happened to a friend of mine but when she went back there was a baby there. Keep your head up.
  • I went through the same thing. My period was Oct 3 n I went for an ultrasound a week before Thanksgiving they saw only a yolk sac. I was devastated because I was ready for another baby. My sister who got pregnant around the same time had a nice pic of baby. I went back a month later
    n there was a baby! I had ovulated late n on top of that I had a tilted uterus. I am now 15 weeks n can feel baby move. Don't b discouarged. U r n my prayers. Stay strong n keep faith. Periods change n late ovulation or tilted uterus is a good possibility.
  • Some people can def ovulate later..if that is the case you could have dates wrong...just try to stay calm...positive thoughts and we'll all hope for the best come monday..i wish you the best!
  • Just went through the same thing last week. I had a molar pregnancy last year so I was very nervous this time around! Went in at 6 weeks and there was nothing just an empty sac. I was devastated fearing it was happening again. Went back yesterday and there was a baby with a heartbeat .. turns out I was a week off from what they thought. Hang in there I know what youre going through its such a hard thing to deal with. GOOD LUCK I will be praying for you. Steph
  • This happened to me my first pregnancy, I went in at 8 weeks and there was only a sac, so I still had pregnancy symptoms, at 12 weeks I went back and unfortunately there was no baby. After being told I had only a 2% chance of conceiving this was a huge mind &@$# but a year later I got pregnant again and have a 2 yr old girl and now a boy due in April. I hope I don't upset you, just want to be real with you, hopefully you have a little survivor in there. Good luck and let us know...
  • Im sorry to hear that, I experienced that with my first pregnancy, I went in for my ultrasound and there was a sac but no baby so the doctor told me to come back in a week and it was the same thing on Jan.27 of last yr I had my first miscarriage and I was so heart broken and depressed but I was confused on what I wanted to do, abortion, adoption, everything crossed my mind and I didn't know what to do I was only 17 and still in high school. So I felt like god made a choice for me, its hard and I still think about it till this day but now god has blessed me with another chance and now I'm expecting in august. Trust me it hurts but time heals all and god won't put nothing on you you can't handle.
  • I had my first ultrasound this past Tuesday and my heart nearly fell out of my a$$ when the o.b was only able to see the outline of the yolk sac. My due date is sept 19th, I am said to have conceived on xmas making me over 7 wks. My doc wants me back in a week because the reading was so grainy, if during my next appt he encounters the same problem then I will have a vaginal ultra sound. My next appt is scheduled for the 10th and I'm losing my mind. I have a wonderful little boy who will be 4 in may and I'm blessed to have him, but he is already in love with the idea of a sibling... sigh. I'm wishing you the best, just know you're not the only one hang in there.
  • Thank yo everyone for all yo kind words I have my fingers crossed in fact I have everything crossed for monday morning will keep yo all posted on what happens x
  • Also if they are only do an external sonogram they probably wont be able to see the baby. Most Drs wont even do an external until after the first trimester. I had to have a vaginal done to see my baby at 6 wks and 2 days.