wic is ending?!

edited April 2011 in USA moms
I read on another app that chicago will be ending wic. And as usual ppl started whining about tax dollars. Lets just forget the babies and children that need to eat healthy. And supposedly they're cutting wic to pay for farmers to get horses on birth control?! I'm disgusted.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wtf!!!!! wow!!! formula is expensive as hell!!! everyone will be breastfeeding
  • Wait why do HORSES need to be on birth control?
  • I just really hope it's not true. WIC is a great program.
  • edited April 2011
    @jazzydD lol I wasn't sure about that either, it was a comment someone else left. But supposedly the horses are overbreeding
  • I saw that too and called about it here. Tn is keeping WIC. Yeah seriously why do horses need birth control?
  • Ppl will have to stop having kids they can't afford to feed! Good riddance to wic, I have a halfway decent job so when my baby needed to be on alimentum formula I was stuck paying for it on my own! So should you!
  • You wouldn't say that if u were stuck paying 30 dollars, 2 times a week for formula while the woman in front of you in line is stocking up on formula while wearing 200 dollar jeans!
  • Thank you almost4!
  • @breezee so its our fault u don't qualify..then get ur tiddy out and feed ur child that's wat u have them for right?
  • @Breezee uhh who r you talking to? I don't have a baby yet so I don't pay for formula one way or the other yet. And its not up to you to decide who should and who shouldn't be allowed to have children.
  • I did breastfeed but had to stop because my daughter was allergic to everything and I had no choice.
  • @breezee I got on wic bc my husband and I were both laid off when I was 9 wks pregnant, and did NEED assistance for a few months. Ill go ahead and abort my next child if finances get tough. Youre ignorant and I hope your child doesnt end up like you. aaahhh my first vent.
  • I have used wic when my family made under 40,000yr. It's a lifesaver for all families that struggle paycheck to paycheck., I truly hope Chicago keeps this program.
  • I'm just saying it isn't fair to ppl that work their asses off making money to afford the same shit some ppl get for free. And I dont want to decide who gets to have children and who doesn't I just have too many friends that are on wic and on their 3rd or 4th kid and it's just not right.
  • Just plain crazyness lol. I think those horses should be left alone lol:p
  • @breezee I completely agree. I get so irritated with those who do abuse the system and collect food stamps, wic, housing assistance, etc. We are the ones paying for it while the ones who abuse the system brag about it. There are people who need it and don't abuse it and one benefit that I do support for those people is daycare assistance so they can get their asses back to work.
  • @breezee I see nothing wrong with offering assistance to those families that ARE working their asses off but need a little extra help. Not everyone abuses the system.
  • I'm not sure the guidlines now but my family of 4 qualified. My ex worked his butt off and I worked part time. We had student loans as well. Sometimes saving $40 week bc you qualify, can make a difference to your utilities, or rent.
  • Agreed, I just think it should be a little more regulated because ppl do fall on hard times and it's great for those ppl.
  • edited April 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My husband bust his butt working and we still qualify for WIC based on the cost of living in our state. Also my daughter was on alimentin and WIC paid for it because she had a doctors prescription.
  • Well im on wic because I got moved to part time an my hubby does construction. So our pays up an down. An all my clothes are super nice top doller but thats because my sister have them to me because I couldnt afford to buy my own clothes. Sheesh lady
This discussion has been closed.