Phone call from doctors medical assistant

edited January 2011 in First Trimester
So I'm 9 wks. Pregnant already seen the doctor seen the baby & heard the heartbeat, everything looks great. However my doctors medical assistant called & left me a message today and I couldn't call back til after they were closed because I was in meetings all day. I'm just curious why she would need to call? My next doctor visit is in 2 weeks so why couldn't she just wait til then to discuss things? Has this happened to anyone? What could it be? I can't wait til tomorrow its driving me nuts I'm so worried, obviously it would need to be something pretty important for it not to wait to talk about at appt? Just nervous because our last pregnancy ended in miscarriage, so I'm a little scared even though we did hear a heartbeat this time. Thoughts anyone?

Comments

• I use to be that way especially awaiting test results...now not so much. I too have had miscarriages and freaked. Usually they call me because they needed to write something down they forgot or it is scheduling or something like that. Hang in there. Things are actually most likely in your favor.
  • Your right, its such a cliff hanger though. Guess I won't know til tomorrow, I probably will be mad I got so freaked out over nothing.
  • My doc office always calls to let you know tht your test results r all good, just to krrp u informed, when I missed the first call I had a panic attack, but it was all good news, especially if you expressed concern abt miscarriage. Im sure they want to reassure you, Good Luck!!!
  • Thanks! Yes ladies you were correct, they were calling me to tell me all results were normal. Awww I feel so much better.