Keeping gender a surprise, who else?

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
My fiance and I decided right away that we didn't want to know the gender and even with a lot of whining from friends and family we had our 21 week ultrasound yesterday and stuck with it and didn't find out.

Who else isn't or hasn't found out? I'm only 22 and almost everyone I know my age (thats prego) says we're nuts and they have found out.

I'm really looking forward to going into the delivery room not knowing and having that big surprise, either way well be thrilled so why not just wait.

Comments

• Finally someone else who doesnt want to know the sex of their baby I already have a boy and girl and decided to wait and be surprised 15wks today
  • I am waiting til delivery day too! :) My parents are excited that I'm not finding out what it is. I'm 19, 14 weeks today with my first baby and hoping for a boy! But I would still love if I have a girl too.
  • I found out the gender with my first 3...this 4th one is a birth control baby and a total surprise so we figured why not let the gender be a surprise too!
  • Congrats to all you ladies!! :) I personally couldn't do it but that's just because where I live there is literally no neutral type clothes except maybe 3 outfits, otherwise I would! :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Im doing it to an all my family is excited its gonna be soo exciting!
  • I'm trying really hard not to find out. Hubby wants t know...and of course so does everyone else. I think I will just lie and say they couldn't tell haha! I really really want to be surprised.
  • I already have a boy and girl so Im definitely waiting til birth! ! The only con is not getting the clothes I want! Bad part is bd wants to know so idk how this will work exactly. Just gonna have ultrasound tech seal it in envelope and I won't give it to him!
  • @cicelia I think I will lie too, bd wanted to go but I will say I couldn't get date that was convienient for him. Even though I already scheduled for a date I know he'll be able to make. Lol
  • I'm 25 years old and this is my first pregnancy. I'm planning on keeping it a surprise. Hubby wants to know but if he knows then he will let it slip so he has agreed to keep it a surprise as well even though it is killing him lol.
  • Oh, and I'm 16 almost 17 weeks along.
  • congrats I so couldn't do it stay strong it will b extra great during delivery
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was beginning to think I was the only person not finding out the sex. I'm waiting until the big day to find out and think ill need everything possible to get me through it, it will be a lovely surprise x
  • me and my hubby are waiting. im 14 weeks and 1 day and we think that finding out when it comes out is a better bigger surprise then finding out thru u/s. but my family keeps saying due to all the babies in the families past history that the babys gonna be butt up, legs spread on at least one u/s and we wont have a choice, that itll be obvious. lol. when my little brother was developing, i went with my mother to her gender u/s and i was 6. needless to say it was VERY obvious and i pointed and said okay mommy it has to be a boy he has a penis, look. and the u/s tech laughed and said 'only the child of a child psychologist....' ive always been that frank since i was little. sooooo i hope my hubby doesnt get upset, but i have a feeling the baby has plans for us to find out sooner, even though i would love to wait :) and for me, everyones hounding me too. my sis in law is going crazy she wants to buy me all kinds of things and it all has to be gender neutral.
  • this was our first child and we waited :) im 21 and just though how exciting to not know, oh man and it was! after all the hard work of labor just to hear "its a...!" oh its an awsome feeling :)
  • We stuck with it and didn't find out! The night before I kept asking my fiance if he was sure he didn't want to know lol he was like no I don't but sounds like you do! :) I'm really glad we didn't, only 127 days till we know!