do u think hubby is important at baby birth and last trimister and after baby birth too?

edited April 2011 in Giving birth
i think ys..my hubby dnt think so...:(
He says that my parents will be with me.bt i think he should be with me...all that period..And i will be abrod all the time from last trimester to afte 3 months..

Comments

• What does imp mean?
  • Yes, if you are in a relationship and he's helpful and a comfort to you. My husband was important at the birth because he helped me get things I needed during labor (and you want him to bond with the baby!) And after the birth, its nice to have someone to split the work with. Last trimester, eh..I didn't get super big or uncomfortable last time, so I didn't need extra help or support then.

However, if you guys are split up or there's lots of drama, its better just to find another support person, like your mom.
  • imp is important...
  • @Tootie08 I thought it meant impatient but I guess it means important. But YES OF COURSE if you got a hubby its very important. Its quite hard to do it on your own!!
  • Unless ur so is stressin u out, they are ALWAYS important! :)
  • Oh, I knew that :p .....lol j/k but yes hubby/bf/bd are all important. Its good to have a support system especially in this situation!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • What's your situation @asmeeta? Are you guys split up? Or he just doesn't want to go to the hosp? I'm kind of confused?
  • Yes, having the father around is important especially early. You do want someone around to help you out when things get tough. Especially since the baby does react to voices later in the pregnancy it would be good for the baby to recognize daddy's voice...
  • A baby is something you and him created together. I would say its important for him to be there.
  • Yes you didn't do it on your own he needs to see what you go thru! My hubby goes to every Dr appointment everything I think guys if they really want it can make that happen.
  • Hmm. Im different I guess. Of course I would love my husband there to support and witness but basically, he's useless to me. LOL. With my first born he almost fainted and had to sit down. He did help with some diaper changing after I gave birth but he tired himself out so badly that he insisted we put my son in the nursery for the night. I'm thankful for my mom and in law. Haha. I like to have my husband around to yell at him. :)