Early labor?

So for most of the day I've been having decent contractions mostly painless..they are between 5-20 minutes apart and generally last anywhere from 40-60 seconds... I think I'm too excited to say its early labor for fear its a false alarm.. anybody else had this happen? :) and had it end with their baby? Or not so much...

Comments

• I am in the same boat as you! I am dialating and effacing though, slowly but surely. I keep contracting, but they'll be consistant for a couple of hours then stop. How far along are you? I am 37 weeks and 2 days :)
  • I did that for about a day before my labor stopped. They induced me the next day. It is really exciting. The best thing you can do right now is try to rest active labor is hard work and you'll need ur rest. ;)
  • @bke913 hooray!! I'm 38w2d we're close! I haven't had my midwife check dilation yet so idk how that's going for me but I'm so glad that you are.. are you so ready for the baby to be out already?
  • @BabyGeesmama2B I am totally ready, the pressure and discomfort are starting to wear on me! These contractions just get more and more intense as the days pass, it feels like someone is taking a giant rubber band to my hips/lower abdomen/lower back and winding it up and pulling it super tight, it's uncomfortable! I love it though, because with each contraction, my body is that much closer to delivering a little blessing!
  • @blissmarie23 good to know for sure.. i think I'm too nervous lol.. oh well.. it'll happen when its supposed to I guess..
    .@bke913 that's an awesome way to look at it!!
  • Yeah I try to keep a positive outlook on everything. I don't know how much longer she's gonna stay in because tonight my contractions are getting much more intense and starting to get consistant, plus the last 24 hours I am having other signs and symptoms, but I'll spare the details ;)
  • Lol that's so exciting though, I'm so jealous!! I hope she does come ASAP for you. Do you have a name picked out?
  • I hope she comes soon too, but she'll come when she's ready. I just got my hospital bag ready this weekend, and I finally picked up her car seat as well. So I am pretty good to go!

I have a name picked out, we're naming her Sophia Avery. My son played a major roll in picking out her name, but I love it, hopefully she does too. :)
  • Aww I love Sophia! How adorable that your son picked it ;)