tanning

edited January 2011 in Health
What does everyone think about tanning while pregnant ? I've read that it doesn't harm the baby but everyone seems to think its really awful

Comments

• I've worked at several tanning salons over the past 4 yrs and you have to take all kinds of tests and be certified to sell or comment on anything.. as long as you're not getting overheated yourself then the baby is fine.. so I would just suggest going less time than before so you don't get too hot. I'm pregnant and work at a salon right now and I've continued to tan the whole time although I have cut back because of personal back pain.. you could also consider spray tan booths, no heat.. and all of the dha products are safe. :)
  • there has been some discussion about this in this topic: http://www.pregly.com/forum/discussion/21/tanning-while-pregnant/ maybe you find it helpful :-)
  • U really shouldn't because it raises ur body temp which can harm baby and I work in the medical field
  • If your well ventilated its fine. The one I go in has 2 fans and it sprays water at you to cool you down
  • My doctor said its ok just don't go a lot
  • I would err on the safe side and either tan naturally or use a spray tan. Tanning beds dry the skin out which destroys the elasticity and will actually help stretch marks form quicker. I rather be pasty for a few months and not get a bunch of crazy stretch marks.
  • Tanni.g beds bake u from in inside out thats how u get a tan,, an over heatin is a nother tbing,, both my docs say no no,, because its also has readation ,,,like x rays,, and u cant have them done while prego either,,,,,, but its ur doc and ur body ,, just giving my info
  • Never thought about the skin drying out part and stretch marks, thanks for that comment! : ) I'm stickin with white legs the whole pregnancy for sure now!
  • If its ok then why does my tanning salon make alll new members sign a release, and one of the things ur signing to is that ur not pregnant?
  • Bun in the oven doesn't mean cook ur baby!