Being induced..any advice?

edited April 2011 in Giving birth
My baby boy was due April 24 but isnt showing any signs of coming any time soon..i havent dialated any and he is all ready 7.5 lbs. So my doc is goin to induce me Sunday (well monday mornin). Im nervous...do you ladies have any advice? Suggestions? Comments?

Comments

• I was and for me it was a huge piece of cake! Got my epidural as well and 10hrs later...out came a baby girl. I'm nervous this time bc I don't know what labor feels like but induced labor was awesome. Congrats on the baby!
  • @dobiemomma this labour shuld be even easier, @Braydon_Mommy, dont let drs push u around n if u want somethung just say I bet u go into labour 12hrs b4 induction thoigh all the best x
  • Thanx so much ladies! Yall really calmed a few nerves! ;;)
  • I was induced with first don't eat anything before I did because no one told I couldn't and I had to come back another day. Be patient I was in labor for 10 hours and only dilated 3cm 16 hours of full labor
  • Omg...i am really impatient! I pray I make it! Lol
  • Good luck. I had my 2nd induced and it was pretty alright. My 2nd labor was only 7 hours. But my 1st was 14 hours. So good luck hope everything goes well for you.
  • Contractions are extremely painful with an induction. Go for the epidural as soon as you are uncomfortable. My labor was waaayyy longer than it should have been because I tried to tuff it out before I caved and got an epidural. Good luck!
  • Thanx for the advice...i definitly will take all into consideration. And thanks...i need all the luck in the world, cause im extremely nervous. :-t
  • The pitocin increases contractions making them a bit more painful, however it should go just as well as natural labor. I ended up having an epidural because they were painful, but I was in labor for an hour. Best of luck to you.
  • I was induced and they wouldn't give me an epidural till I was dilated to a certain amount I don't remember what it was. So I was in labor for 14 hour before getting my epidural. They did give me pain meds but it was still pretty painful. When I finally got my epidural I slept for 4 hours and woke up to push
  • I loved my induction!!! It was so nice not having to rush to the hospital, I knew they were there to monitor my baby girl and I was allowed to do what I wanted until I got my epidural. I strongly suggest the birthing ball and walking as much as you can! It helps a lot, I only pushed for 37 minutes and everything went perfect! :)