cerclage removal

edited April 2011 in High risk pregnancy
Has anybody had a cerclage before?? I would like to know how the stitch is removed and is it painful...need to know..

Comments

• I have one but not having it removed til July..I was put to sleep Wen I had mined inserted...some preglys told me it wouldn't hurt...sorry I'm not to helpful
  • Yea I'm not having mine removedd till then also just wanted to know is there any pain with the removal..they would put me to sleep they said the baby would get to much of the meds so I had a spinal which hurt but the surgery was fine I was awake the whole time...when are u due
  • I'm not having mine removed til august I too only had a spinal and was awake for surgery they said putting me to sleep could effect the babies development and cause things like cleft palate and problems with the brain... Weird that they put you to sleep blackbarbie!
  • @pnkstrzgrl I wasn't far so it wouldnt affect the baby he would think...its over now in she's very active n I she stay healthy..

@myonly3 I'm due Aug 21
  • I was put under also, i was 14 weeks when it got put in and i get it removed june third. O know ur awake no drugs no spinal in office simple procedure