8 months along, do you have everything you need for baby yet?

edited April 2011 in June 2011
Im due june 22 in exactly 8 wks, but I still need some baby things, do you other moms have everything yet?
i have the major things but still need basic little things. Ive bought everything my self so its probably why im not done, but she could come early and I wish I was done already.....
BD never seems to have extra money after he pays his bills, so its just me buying for the baby so far.
i have
bassinet
Crib
Dresser/changing table
swing
bouncer
carseat/stroller combo
Lots of clothes 0-3 and some 3-6 and a few 6-9
Bottles, breast pump
Diaper bag/travel changing pad
bottle warmer
pacifers
diaper pail

But I still need: diapers, wipes, grooming kit, gloves, more socks, changing pad/cover, crib bedding, baby bath....etc...

Comments

• I am 37 weeks 4 days and still need wipes, socks, bottles and lotion/baby wash lol. I have everything else. I might go pick up these things today. :)
  • edited April 2011
    I have my c-section on June 1. I have everything for the most part but I don't want to buy anything else until after my shower which is May 14. I still need diapers, wipes, grooming kit & baby essentials "lotion, powder, etc." I'm sure I'll collect all of that at my shower.
  • You're basically right there with me. I need the same things you do except socks. Lord knows ill always need more diapers
  • I read your list and I'm not sure if your a first time mom but this is my second baby and some things you named is honestly going to be a waste of your money, which I've learned from personal experience. Such as:bottle warmer & diaper pail.
  • Im 34 weeks with #2 and still need a few things but not much, I wish I had everything now though, I had everything with my first by 24 weeks so I feel really behind.
  • @kcoolzchic im not a first time mom, I have a 5yr old son, but I got ride of all his baby things yrs back and this ones a girl, one mistake I made with my first is waiting a week or 2 too long to introduce a bottle (i breastfed) and so he would never take it, if I pump my breastmilk, it would be refriderated and therefore need to be warmed up, so a warmer is not a waste of money, and the diaper champ I got for free from someone on craigslist, and I thats useful for me. It def depends on who it is and how u plan to care for your baby (feeding wise etc.) Wether things are considered nessary or not....but thanks for your advice :)
  • Also I should add, im most likely not having a baby shower, so I cant rely on that :(
  • edited April 2011
    @Summergirl22 I forget about breast milk being regfriated so yes it will come in handy for you. Well you don't have too much more to get so I'm sure you'll have it all before your bundle arrives :) Awww no shower that's crappy :(
  • You can get a free breastfeeding cover and sling through parentcenter.com after u sign up as well :)
  • Im 38w 2d and we need to get the mattress for the crib. I think thats it. Eventually more bottles, diapers, and wipes.
  • Im due June 28 and only have lotzz of clothes... I have 2bby showers coming.up, and Im waiting to see what Im gettn then. I dont even have crib.
    Im a slacker! I have NO energy by.the.time i get hm from work...
  • Im due july12th and still need, blankets,baby tub,crib bedding,and the lil stuff,, my shower is next month on the 21so hopefully ill get what else I need but if not ive got time
  • Im due june 20, haven't bought anything, have crib, bassinett, some clothes left over from big sister. This is my fourth, so im pretty sure the only thing I really need at this point is diapers, but im still freakin out cause were not "ready" yet.
  • I still have a list myself :(
    Maybe this weekend, but I'm always exhausted going in and out of stores.
    I'm due 6/25
  • First of all i wanna say i think that its great your so independent and getting most of your stuff on your own...i mean i know it must suck not to have a baby shower. Im due June 5th and have everything but a few small things but im also having another shower May 7th.
  • My baby will be here by June 1st and I have everything ready and waiting except for a package of disposable diapers to use until the umbilical cord falls off and circumcision heals.
  • At least im not alone :) some of you who have a due date within a few days of mine still need some things like me, that makes me feel a little better... I mostly have the little things left but man do those really add up! Lol thanks for all the replys and good luck with ur up coming labor :)
  • @ mandielynne thanks I didnt know that, ill have to check that out! :)
  • @ angelsmommy thank you :) and yes no baby shower does suck :( but im not going to let it get me down
  • @onemoreontheway I have my c-section on June 1. Yayy
  • @kcoolzchic Yay for June 1st! Can't wait!
  • @kcoolzchic and @onemoreontheway me too my due date is in june 1st...i have everything exept the bouncer and the sheet for the crib and the troller but i will get them tomorrow so is ok i have 35 wks im so exited congrats ladies!!
  • @TeamoVictoria Yeah I sooo can't wait. 33 days left.
  • @TeamoVictoria Yay! We are almost there!!!! How exciting! :)
  • Im due same day as you June 22. I have everything. I knew I would b really tired now as I have 3 other children. I have a baby girl too so im prepared with the wet ones n warmer changetable etc.
  • I dont have everthing yet either and everything i do have i and my hubby baught but i feel ya this is my first and im not havong a baby shower either :( wish i was
  • And im due june 30
  • I have everything we will need but not everything I want to have before baby boy comes. I'm 35 1/2 wks along. I would have had everything but husband's boss/workplace is throwing my last shower on May 5th. So I've been waiting to finish things up :-j
  • I'm due june 25 the only thing i brought so far is onesies,socks,pacificers the rest of the stuff I plan on getting at my Babyshower me and my hunny would get the rest
  • I dont have half of the stuff I need yet, and im 31wks! Someone gave me a crib, but it looks way too flimsy, plus I had a bad feeling about it and found out it was recalled, and missing a lot of the hardware.(thanks!) Just need to buy the new crib/changing table, 5 dozen cloth diapers, baby bath, sheets,grooming kit, and organic baby wash. Already bought the travel system, blankets, lots of clothes, pacifiers, play mat and bouncer.