Still having issues picking a middle name

edited April 2011 in Baby names
My husband is not the biological father of my daughter but he's been her dad since she was 2. Her name's Jordyn Mackenzie. Our son's name is Brayden Alexander. This is my problem: I do not like names that match, ryhme or sound alike. (Brayden, Jayden, Samuel, Samantha, Marina, Marisa) My husband & mil love Alexandria for our daughter's middle name. I HATE IT. The name is pretty but I think it's unfair to Jordyn that her siblings would have matching names & she's left out of the loop. My husband is arguing that since I picked the first name McKenna for this baby it's too close to Mackenzie so we should pick a different name. I agree that they sound similar but one is a first name & one is a middle name. Also this is the 4th time her name's been changed & I refuse to change it. I love McKenna & as far as I'm concerned it's set in stone. I constantly ask him his opinion for other middle names but all he says is "you know what I want" I feel that because Jordyn is not biologically his, she may as she gets older feel "outcasted" because of her siblings having similar names. Am I crazy for thinking this way? It may sound silly but kids can be sensitive about things.

Comments

• I think Mckenna sounds pretty similar to Mackenzie, so I dont think that she would feel left out, if she did at all.
  • McKenna Alexandria is great and pays tribute to both kids
  • Yeah I think bcuz Mckenna and Mackenzie sound so much alike she shouldn't feel left out its like the new baby has a name combined from the other two
  • I never thought of that actually. It's a good suggestion. Thank you for the idea.
  • @SurpriseBaby, @Preggointx, @vlynn

Thanks for the help but I'm about to kill my husband now. He's still arguing w/ me over Mackenna & says I can name her that if I want but he doesn't like it. He likes Aubrey & Kennedy & wants me to pick one of those. I want to name her Mackenna but I want him to like her name as well. I've compromised with my other kids' names & for once I'd like someone to compromise w/ me. I agreed on Alexandria for him, grrr...
  • Mckenna Alexandria is pretty...
  • Yeah I think since you agreed on Alexandria when you didn't really want it he should be able to deal with Mackenna. He can just call her Alexandria then ha :)
  • @Kalasthename thank you. I just threw the baby name book at my husband & he's finally going through it. I'm so frustrated over all this.
  • @vlynn He likes the "Kenna" part it's the Mc part he doesn't. He keeps calling her things like McNugget, McChicken & McDouble. If I don't like anything he comes up with then I'm sticking to Mackenna.
  • We went thru the same thing...I wanted to name my daughter Autumn and he hated it...so I suggested Jocelyn because my grammas name is Joyce and were making the babys middle name his grammas name...and he can't pronounce it...so we agreed finally on Morgan...it was a long battle tho
  • lol at him callin her mcnugget and mcchicken. i think its a pretty name.
  • He likes Jayde & Jayda now but I don't like either name. I see a lot of women on this site using Jayde as a middle name.
  • I agree with the first few posts. It is a beautiful name and it pays tribute to BOTH of the kids. I like how all three have a small connection but yet are totally different!
  • Thank you. I think I'm done trying to compromise at this point. I like Mackenna & I'm not backing down. If he doesn't agree then I might just go with the middle name I wanted.