Bell's Palsy

edited April 2011 in Pregnancy symptoms
Has anyone had any experience with Bell's Palsy while pregnant? I read about it a few years ago and I think I'm having it. I plan on making a call to the doctor but from what I can tell most doctors don't/can't do anything to treat it during pregnancy, you just have to wait it out. I noticed the right side of my mouth was drooping yesterday and my right eye watering. It feels slightly numb. It hasn't gotten worse since yesterday, but it hasn't gotten better either. I feel fine otherwise.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My cousin got it when she was pregnant with her first. They had to put her on a steroid to fix it. She went back to normal fairly quickly and two years later she has no effects from it. good luck. You will be ok :)
  • My mom and both sisters had it...not while pregnant though. I'm lucky to have not had it.
  • My brother actually just had that last month. It got better on its own in bout a week. Its thought to be caused by the herpes virus, the kind that cause cold sores but other things can cause it. USUALLY there's no permanent damage but there's always a chance there could be.
  • Yea you can still tell my mom used to have it. One of her eyes is still a little droopy.