Quiting Smoking

So, I've smoked like a chimney for the last couple years and when I found out for sure that I was having a little one, I decided I was going to quit. Today is the first day of no smokes at all... (I've been ebbing myself off) and so far so good. anytime I think I want a smoke, I just look at the baby's picture and think about all the bad stuff it would do to him/her. Goddess give me strength so that I may actually quit!

Comments

• You can do it girl!!!! I did for both pregnancies it gets a lot better and you will even feel tons better soon! Just know your doing the right thing and your baby doesn't have the choices you do! Good luck and Congrats on being a smoke free mommy:)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You can do it! I used to smoke also and as soon as I found out I was preggo, I just quit. Just like that. I thought it would be hard and miserable but for some reason, it hasn't even been a thought in my mind. My bf still smokes cigars, and I used to love the smell and now it makes me super naseaus. Just hang in there. It'll become natural to not do it anymore sooner than u think. Good luck and congrats!
  • its been pretty easy so far today. the thing that really tests my strength is that everyone in my house smokes! including my fiance... he at least turns the fan on and points it so the second hand smoke blows away from me when he smokes. we've always smoked together though, like, everytime i'd have one, he'd have one and vise versa, so seeing him light up makes me want one badly! like i said though, i just look at the pic of my lil one and remind myself that i'm doing it for him/her, not for myself, and it helps a lot.
  • Good for you!
  • I was a smoker before I got pregnant too. Surprisingly cigs taste and smell horrible around my 6th week of pregnancy, they make me vomit. I always say thats my sure fire pregnancy test, If my cigs mae me puke. lol. You can do it though. hopefully the baby wont like them and they make you sick to ur stomach then you will run from them like me. I just hope I dont go back to smoking after my daughter is born
  • I was ib the same position now neither of ua smoke.. It was harderchangin my thought process then the actual cravin.. I cant even remember what it is like to go out and have one... The thought seems weird now i cant reli remember what it is like to smoke... Hang in there it will get easier.. Soon my boyf decided to quit and we r both happier for it:)
  • My friend just found out she's pregnant,and smokes ciggarettes and weed...everyone is trying to help her quit. Last night she said "I'd rather be high and smoke my Joes than carry a baby for 9 months..it really upset me,and don't know wat to say or do....
  • Thats really sad. Tell your friend that they now do blood test and that she can get into trouble and they call social services if you have drugs in your system during your pregnancy. They may even take her baby:(
  • well, i'm proud of myself! my fiance is trying to help me quit, he's cut me down to 2 smokes a day. well, he just came to see me at work and told me to take my 2 smokes so i can have them while i'm at work. i told him no. he asked 'you gonna wait till you get home to smoke 'em?" i said, no, i don't thnk i'm going to smoke at all, i don't want to any more.

@MrsMaxwell smoking does make me a bit nauseaus.... that's why it's been so easy to cut down to begin with. i have no plans to start back after the baby, i just hope i keep those plans. i've already told my roomies that after the baby is born there's no smoking in the house. i don't want my lil one exposed to all the second hand smoke.

@babiescomin2011 that's horrible! i don't know why some one would choose their addiction over their child... i really hope you all can find her help, and soon... maybe you should introduce her to this site, i know it's been a godsend for me since i found out i was pregnant!
  • U can do it girl try gum with flavor wen my mom quit smoking she went through like 2 packs of juicy fruit a day but it helped stay away so good luck and congrates on ur baby
  • @Mommy2_Armani i've got a huge bag of jollyranchers that i eat when i get a bad craving. that or i just find something to keep my hands busy. my fiance just bought me a fill-it book, one of my favorite types of word puzzles, so, now i have that to keep my occupied while i'm at work at least lol.
  • @babiescomin2011 this probably wont make a difference to yout friend but pot passes directly thru the placenta

@fae is it possible the people you live with can only smoke outside? You wont notice anything right now but when you've been cig free for a month or so its gonna hitbyou like a ton of bricks how bad that house reeks
  • It's way hard but u can do it!!! I quit too n still struggle from time to time but it gets easier
  • @mrs_shu the second hand smoke already bothers me...that's why i tend to just stay in my room. i'm going to see if i can at least talk them into getting those ashtrays that suck the second hand smoke into the bottom.

@mommakk88 thank you hon! i know i can do it and having the people's here support is helping a lot!
  • Good I'm glad :) lol I'm here if ya need anything I know its hard
  • The first week is the hardest I am now almost a month free my bf still smokes but not in the house, or by me
  • good job girl!! i commend you .. so many woman dont stop smoking.. i was a smoker before my first and quite the day after i found out i was pregnant.. and with my second i quite 3days after.. after about a week you probably wont even think about them and they will probably discust you as well ... the smell anyway
  • My mom smoked with my older sister and I. As a result we both struggled in school; when we get sick it hits hard as our immune systems are weaker than others; we both took up smoking when we were younger too. I am not blaming everything on my momma but studies show that your children will be affected in the long run from smoking. Praise the Lord for these studies as my mom quit after me and then had two more beautiful healthy chubby lil babies. Ill add that I quit smoking when I turned 18 cause 1) it wasnt cool to me as it was legal. And 2) every time I took a drag I imagined that burn @ the end of the cig being my lungs! :-/ thank the Lord for gum. You will have fresh kissable breath all the time ;) good luck girls!! Think about the good that will come from quitting. It far outweighs the pros of smoking. Dare to surprise yourself :)
  • @2ndBabyInTheOven my mom went so far as to smoke while she was feeding me and my brother, my brother has severe ADHD, i have it as well, but not with the same severity and we both have problems with getting sick more often then others. that's why i've already told my room mates that when the baby is born, they're going to have to either stay in their rooms and smoke, or go outside, i'm not exposing our child to it.
  • I bet I could have been diagnosed as well. Lol! Good for you. You are the queen momma and what you say goes!
  • @2ndBabyInTheOven well, there are actually 2 of us in the house that are 'queen momma's' but one of them doesn't care about quiting smoking and doesn't care who smokes around the 2 y/o she's already got. she's a month ahead of me and her whole philosophy is 'i smoked with serenity and she's fine!' still, i'm not going to risk it!
  • Ouchy! I see. Dang that seriously sucks. I know on youtube you can watch smoking awareness videos that will educate you on the dangers of smoking while carrying. Even 2nd hand smoke! Im so proud of you for being strong. I hope her children will be ok.
  • @2ndBabyInTheOven my brother and i are in one peice despite it all. maybe a lil worse for ware, but, we're here. its just that there's so much in my family history and my fiance's that could spell bad things for our baby that i'm not willing to add anything to it.
  • Awe Congrats! And keep it up! :D ... I love your name! That's going to be my little girls middle name :)
  • I actually quit smoking bout a month before bfp, n I still crave them, so everytime I want one I listen to the heartbeat, I just feel like I am my babys spokesperson, n I speak for them n my body is their guardian goodluck hun its well worth it in the end for ur health and ur babys health
  • @charliebby1116 thank you! Fae is actually short for Faerdra, which is Drow for 'sworn lover' (yes, i'm that big of a dork! lol) its not my real name, but i've often dreamt of legally changing my name to it.
  • @krazeemargie thank you hon, i use the baby's pic as a inspiration to quit. the baby has no control over what it takes in, i do, and i will not let anything bad, that i could have prevented, happen to my baby!
  • COngratz! I had to do the same thing. I hope it goes well and u can keep off tell babies born :) wha helped me most, was my OB yold me that every puff u take ur babies heart skips a beat. :( how sad
  • Congrats! :-D