For all teen moms, PLEASE READ!!!

edited April 2011 in Teen moms
Hello, I read something and i feel compelled to tell my story to you all. Being a teen mom does not mean that it is the end of the world. I had my first son at the age of 16. I came from an abusive home where my step father would beat the crap out of me while my mother stood by and watched. I found myself running away from home at the age of 9, sleeping on the streets by the age of 11. I went to many foster homes and detention centers simply because my mother did not want me home with her. At 11 I lost my virginity due to being raped by a man I had never seen before. I had my 13 yr old son in 98 while in a girls home 1000 miles away from my family or anyone that I knew. I was emancipated after I had him. I came back to my home town and received public assistance and section 8. I worked part time at night took my son to work with me then caught a train and a bus dropped him off at daycare in the morning and went to highschool during the day. I finished highschool then went straight to college at 17yrs old. 4 years later I had my second son who is now 9. His father was murdered. he was shot in the head while sitting in his car. At the time I had just found out that I was almost 2 months pregnant with twins, I was also in the middle of RN school. I made it my business to walk across that stage though. At 3 months old 1 of my twins died from SIDS. (WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS) Well my one twin is now 6 yrs old. I am 30 yrs old and finally married to a man that adores me and my sons. We have known each other since 2005 and we are expecting our lil girl in August. I said all that to say this IF I CAN GO THROUGH ALL OF THAT AND HAVE A HAPPY ENDING THEN SO CAN ALL OF YOU. Please keep your heads held high not only for yourself but for your children. and please feel free to contact me anytime, I know alot of programs that can help you all out. Programs that I have used to get ahead myself. I have love for you all. God Bless

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Me Too. I feel like we did not go through what we went through for nothing and it is our job to help these young ladies out and fill them with hope. Everytime I see a young lady with a baby I stop whatever I'm doing and tell her something that may help her in the long run. I wish I had someone to do that for me when I was growing up.
  • Thanks @USMCwifemommy101107, if u know of a teenage mom please tell her to read this, maybe it will give her hope.
  • I'm so sorry you had to go through this. I have a lot of respect for you for achieving so much. I was 15 when I got pregnant but I had my family's support and I'm so grateful that I did. Without them I wouldn't have been able to do it.
  • @richjen24 that is exactly what I hope it will do. I feel like I didnt go through all that bs for nothing u know. There must have been a reason and maybe the reason is to help others:)
  • @felicia89 you would have been able to do anything that you put your mind to. It' amazing how much strength we can pull out of us when we are forced to:)
  • Im shooting for my NP now, Never give up hope girl:)
  • no, it's a Nurse Practioner. they have a dual program where i live. u can get ur bachelors and masters while working on ur NP all at the same time.
  • I'm not a teen mom and never was but thank you so much for sharing your story. I know there are a lot of teen moms on here that are scared dtressed and have no idea what to do wondering where they will find the strength from. I hope they read this and find their strength here from your. Youe are an amazingly strong woman and wonderful mother.
  • @mrsmaxwell your story was truly touching and as i was reading i began to cry . im so so sorry you had to go thru all that . i was put in a foster home at 17 for a week cause my mom couldnt control me and couldnt handle me due to some choices i made . i got pregnant with my first when i was 17 and had him when i was 18 . but i had to give him up for adoption not by choice because i had no were to go and no family to support me . it was horrible . im now 19 and 30 weeks pregnant with my baby girl . im due july 4th . my daughters father and i are together . been together for a year now and truly i believe hes the one . the only part that is hard is that hes in jail and wont be here to see his daughter be born and he will miss the first 3 years of her life and i feel completely helpless and lost without him . i know i have his family but its just not the same . i have been thru alot these past 2 years and ive tried to do everything in my power to keep my head up high and be strong but i sometimes just want to give up . i truly dont know what im going to do . i have to find an apartment, get a car, and get a job to support me and my daughter . and i have 3 months to do all this and i feel like im getting no were ! i dont know what im going to do . like i said i feel completely helpless . please help me . please . :'( .
  • What a powerful story.... thanks for sharing...
  • @richjen24 thank you so much .
  • @richjen24 in im cleveland ohio
  • Hi I also need some help I'm 18 years old and am due october 10th. I have a full time job but never seem to be able to save up any money for the baby which extremely scares me. The b/d is in the picture and has been seriously looking for a job with no luck. He has felonies on his record so its not so easy :( I'm really scared that I won't be ready though but I want to have everything and be fully prepared. I plan on breast feeding to save on the cost of formula but there is still so much more to get with really no family or friends to help at a baby shower. Please help :(
  • @richjen24 I live in denver, co
  • Woa you should write a book! It would be like a best seller! It's amazing how you didn't let any of that break you... truly inspirational
  • I'm 15 but ill be 16 when I give birth to my baby on december 5th so grateful that I have the love & support from my family<3
  • I'm sorry ladies I have'nt been ignoring you I've been out running around handling business all day and oh I picked up some items for baby Ani'lah :). I have to go to my aunts jewelry party, I should be haome around 9pm then I am all eyes, in this case eyes. LOL.
  • @kensiesmom216 I've dealt with my husband being in jail. (hey, we all make some dumb choices) You have to be strong, dating a an that is behind bars is hard because its like you are there with him. But he needs your support and you two will be able to look back on this one day when it is all behind u. Do they have a local social services in your area? sometimes u need to use this as a stepping stone. aslo dont focus too much on a car right now if u can help it. public transportation is not terrible. If u take on too much you will become over whelmed and may even give up at everything. There is a program called Ways to Work loan program they were very helpful with me in getting my first car, look them up on the net and see if they r in ur area. Also do they have Subsidized housing apartments where u live. These go according to your income and all the utlities are included in most apartment locations. Also a good place to find a car is ur local news paper, but u need to get it inspected before u purchase it and u must consider a car will bring on more bills. your local Unemployment office has resources to help u find a job. Stay strong hun, it's going to be ok