Self inducing labor suggestions

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
Wondering what tips everyone has heard that make women go into labor. Not saying ill do any of them or if any are truly safe or proven. Just cerious on theories people have heard....

Comments

• My friend tried Castor oil...but it DID NOT work it just made her extremely nauseous..just a tip of what did not work.
  • I heard sex, squating, brisk walking..
  • SEX SEX AND MORE SEX. Seriously though, that will surely bring on labor
  • My mom told me castor oil works. That's how she had me. I tried it with my daughter.... Uhhhhhhhh No! Lol would never recommend that to anyone. That was beyond horrible. I say walking and having sex... other than that I'm not too sure lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mrsmaxwell thiking my husband wont mind that one lol

@jamiesandefur The oil scrares me...not sure I want to poop and get sick if it dosent work..how much do u drink anyways?
  • @richjen24 im thinking my treadmill may become my best friend soon lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I put half a cup in with some juice... all it made me do was throw up everywhere. And I tried it several times. It's not worth it lol its beyond horrible.
  • I have tried everything with one baby or another, castor oil didnt work, walking didnt work, sex was fun, but didnt work, acupressure hasnt worked yet, nipple stimulation, had some contractions but didnt work, blue and black cohosh didnt work and scared me to be putting something I didnt know into my body, I really wish there was something that truely worked, but i think they only work if your close to being in labor to begin with! I am 37 weeks 5 days and my baby weighed 8 lbs at 36 weeks, so if anyone has anything I havent tried let me know!
  • walk, squats, sex, then hot hot shower! Its worked for evryone I know whos done it! Do in that order and repeat until contractions hit :)
  • Raspberry tea, a hot bath and plenty of long walks and if you have a gym ball its great for back ache and getting your hips ready just sit and rock no major workouts on it. The raspberry tea has worked for me and a few friends