20wks5dy doctor say baby measures at 23wk

edited April 2011 in September 2011
is any one having this problem? Could my due date be wrong or am I just having a big baby doctor said hes not changing my due date....help

Comments

• Wow why won't he change it? Dose that mean u might go in to early labor?
  • It just means you will have a big baby. My doc said i was measuring at 7 months when i wasnt even 6 months at the time.
  • He said that my baby look realy big and healthy but I got my peroid on time dec4 could I have got prego before my period
  • I am so confuse my doctor told me not to worry but I cant help it..
  • I wouldn't worry with my last baby I measured 4wks ahead the whole time and she was just a big baby
  • Thanks ladies ya really help I was just a lil worried lol :bz
  • Did your belly measure 23 weeks (with the tape measure) or did he do an ultrasound and measure the baby?
  • With an ultra sound he said I am 20wk 6dy but baby mesures at 22wk
  • edited April 2011
    THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME I WAS 20 WEEKS 3 DAYS AND THEY CHANGE MY DUE DATE SAYING IM .21 WEEKS AND 3 DAYS I DIDN'T WORRY JUST A WEEK DIFFERENT... I JUST SAID WHEN EVER HE WANT TO COME HE WILL COME SO DNT WORRY
  • My niece measured at four monthes for monthes 5 & 6, the doctors said everyhting was fine, never changed her due date. Sometimes apparently babies have growth spurts and lags. The lags are scarier... my SIL thought something was wrong. She is now 11 and healthy and completely normal.
  • But is it normal I have two girls and they never told me that and now I am having a boy and the doctor tells me this
  • That's going to be a big baby! At 12 weeks my baby was measuring four days ahead and when I went in two days ago for the gender ultrasound, my little boy was measuring right on target at 19 weeks 6 days exact. I guess he had a growth spurt. That's why the doctors don't change the due date, because they would have to constantly change it throughout your whole pregnancy if they determined it off the babys size.
  • They said the same thing to me
  • My Dr says they don't usually change due date after 1st trimester cuz in the second trimester baby's grow at different rates so measurements can be off by 2 weeks or so..... And in the third trimester it can be off by 3 weeks or more so dating should always be done in the first trimester