Things NOT to eat when breastfeeding...

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
With my first I struggled with breast feeding...seemed like everything I ate he'd break out bad :( turns out I had too much lactose in my milk and his tummy couldn't take it...so I had to quit breast feeding :(

Now with this baby on the way I want to try again...but need help from u mamas on foods to avoid! Its been a while for me so I need some help...thanks! :)

Comments

• Ive nver heard of this I didnt even know that that could happen! Goodluck
  • @Mandielynne Yea same here! That's until they tested my milk and told me. They'd put my son on these diets and stuff also...and have me stop breast feed for 2 weeks to c how'd he react and he was fine...and then when I'd start breast feeding him again he'd b fussy and break out :(
  • I keep telling myself that's its probably just the wrong kind of foods I ate that triggered his tummy...
  • Uh oh..i hope u dont run into that problem again I loved brstfeeding its funny watchen the babys "drunk"look once satisfied
  • @ Mandielynne Yea I hope I get better luck this time. Thanks Hun! :)
  • I know about cutting out dairy, soy, acidic & wheat while nursing since they cause a lot of allergies or upset tummies (depends on which bothers baby more).
  • Lettuce, onions, garlic, broccoli, cabbage........ Anything that can make you gassy or make breast milk taste bad.
  • really I never cut anything except alchaol I made a no no my kids both fed 16months. when u have ther baby they give u a pamphlet at my hospital its baby friendly which means they promote breast feeding n dont supply formula, but it says increase milk intake n they give u a plain milk with b'fast
  • With my first if I ate broccoli she would break out in a terrible rash
  • @allie8955 great question this is my first and I plan on trying to breastfeed I didn't realize. That there was other things other then alcohol. That you should avoid.
  • @stella id seriously ask ur dr n not take the word of other ppl u dont want to cut iron. most things can just discolour or change flavour of milk doesnt meen u shouldnt have them
  • @bummy87 thanks I will hubby is crazy about passing everything through the doctor before i do it suprised i'm allowwed to breath with out doctors permission but it wouldn't of even crossed my mind of something so ask if I wouldn't of seen the post.
  • @stella glad hubbys so interested my husband kindof phases out,i suppose he just got over it after the first lol
  • @bummy87 this is his second he was married before but his son is 18. Hubby is a health nut love him and I know that I should be glad that he wants to be so involved and intrested,I see so many woman posting about how there other half isn't but sometimes he drives me nuts.
  • It really depends on the kid. With my son, I didn't cut anything out besides caffine, and with my daughter I had to watch my intake on onions and green peppers. Good luck!
  • I had crab meat in a pasta salad and my son broke out in a rash.
  • I just cut back on caffeine with my son...and cabbage because that gave him bad gas. Everything else I could eat.
  • Thank u ladies for ur replies. I guess every kid is different so I'm just ganna have to watch what I eat carefully with this one.