October Mom's, how much gave you gained?

13»

Comments

• I'm due Oct. 2nd and I started out at 140 I checked yesterday and now I'm 144.5 -_- seems like I've gained much more cause I'm getting bigger, I'm almost 5 months. Is it normal?
  • Hey ladies!!! I'm still in shock with the amount some of you have lost! Is the nausea/morning sickness getting better for any one? Mine seems to be getting a little worse! =(

My weight update...I'm 15w5d today and I have been flucuating between 3 lbs of my pre-pregnancy weight. Some days I'm down to my pre-pregnancy weight or -1 or -2 lbs and some days I'm +1, +2, or +3lbs. So, I guess I'll still say I haven't really gained anything yet.

@puchungis I think it's normal...read below...

Here is a link to a calculator that can tell you if you are on track:
    http://www.thebabycorner.com/tools/pregnancy/calculators/weightcalculator.php

I found this website that breaks down pregnancy weight gain. Here is what it says:

Pregnancy weight gain:

What's healthy?
    From promoting your baby's development to paving the way for post-pregnancy weight loss, here's why pregnancy weight gain matters.
    By Mayo Clinic staff

Like it or not, pregnancy weight gain is inevitable. Your baby's growth and development depend on it. But eating for two isn't a license to eat double your normal amount of food. Use healthy lifestyle habits to control your pregnancy weight gain, support your baby's health and make it easier to shed the extra pounds after delivery.

Pregnancy weight gain guidelines
    There's no one-size-fits-all approach to pregnancy weight gain. How much weight you need to gain depends on various factors, including your pre-pregnancy weight and body mass index (BMI). Your health and your baby's health also play a role.

Work with your health care provider to determine what's right for you. Consider these general guidelines for pregnancy weight gain:

Pre-pregnancy weight Recommended weight gain
    Underweight (BMI less than 18.5) 28 to 40 pounds (about 13 to 18 kilograms)
    Normal weight (BMI 18.5 to 24.9) 25 to 35 pounds (about 11 to 16 kilograms)
    Overweight (BMI 25 to 29.9) 15 to 25 pounds (about 7 to 11 kilograms)
    Obese (BMI 30 or greater) 11 to 20 pounds (about 5 to 9 kilograms)
    If you're carrying twins or multiples, you'll likely need to gain more weight. Again, work with your health care provider to determine what's right for you.

When you're overweight
    Although excess weight carries risks — such as gestational diabetes and high blood pressure — pregnancy isn't the time to lose weight. Even if you're overweight before pregnancy, it's important to gain a healthy amount of weight during pregnancy.

Of course, it's important to keep an eye on the scale. If you gain more than the recommended amount during pregnancy and you don't lose the weight after the baby is born, the excess pounds increase your life-long health risks.

When you're underweight
    If you're underweight, it's essential to gain a reasonable amount of weight while you're pregnant — especially during the second and third trimesters. Without the extra weight, your baby may be born earlier or smaller than expected.

• i finally gained 5 lbs! and its only bc i stopped eating wheat. i have celiac and it restricts the nutrition i get, not the baby. so the babys nice and healthy and im getting sicker. so i have to start vitamin b-12 supplements and they did some more bloodwork testing for the allergy and my vitamin levels. im happy to be gaining weight but its really hard not eating what i crave.
  • oh and im 16 weeks 5 days and i weigh 103 lbs. im 4'11"
  • @Soon2BMomOf2under2 I never had morning sickness and just lost it working my a** off to get money lol
  • I'm due oct 9 n I only gained 10 pnds
  • Due oct 28 and still no weight gain. With my first I didn't gain weight until 26wks lol so idk..
    :/
  • I'm due Oct 28th. I gained 4 pounds so far but im having twins. So I think you should be ok.:)
  • I'm 18 weeks 1day and I am up 5 or 7 pounds depending what time I weigh myself.lol I initially only lost 2 pounds.
  • I'm 19 weeks 1 day due Oct 10 and so farr I've lost 11lbs, haven't gained anything back. I'm a bigger girl to begin with and doc said its normal not to hardly gain anything