bible verse (not trying to start stuff)

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
For you christian mommas out there who are wanting to have a natural labor...my mother in law gave us a verse to pray when I was preggo with my daughter. I could barely believe it for my labor but decided to pray for it any way.

It's. Isaiah 66:7-13. (NIV) 7 Before she goes into labor she gives birth; before the pains come upon her she delivers a son. 8Who has ever heard of such a thing? Who has ever seen such things? Can a country be born in a day or a nation brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labor than she gives birth to her children.

I had forgotten this verse but it came up this week in my husbands mind. When I had my daughter (who was 9 lb 9.5 oz) I thought I was having braxton Hicks contractions but by the time I got to the hospital I was already 7-8 cm dialated. I sang during my labor and even at times when pushing. I am certainly going to ask for this type of experience again. Just thought I would share with you all. I hope you dare to believe this with me

Comments

• I wish u the best good luck I have a low tolerance and high risk
  • With Christ, anything is possible :)
  • edited May 2011
    @karla_with_a_k @marriedwith_4 I totally agree!! I told my husband this time I don't even want to yell. (I did yell when it got to the "ring of fire") This time I hope to be calm and steady the entire time!!
  • I had epidurals with both mine. Gonna try natural as long as I can this time
  • edited May 2011
    Thanks for sharing!!! I will deff pray that when my daughter comes in august & yes, with God, all things are possible. :)
  • For my first I had a 12 hour labor that ended in me being put completely under for an emergency c-section. I was nervous from the beginning and when none of the meds worked I prayed for Jesus to be with me and help me through it. The next thing I remember after that is looking at the clock and it was about 10 hours later. I definitely believe in prayer.
  • @blissmarie23 you are a much better woman than me! I didn't scream but I growled under my breath alot.. my poor mom and hubby lol
  • @blissmarie23 thanks for sharing! It makes wanna look up some more verses on labor and how awesome women are. Congrats on going natural! Not for everyone but I will give it a try the 2 nd I think. I had a simlar expirence with my first not going to hospital til 8 cm. If I can make it that far why not go all the way? I did have a hard time pushing last time due to being tired and high as a kite.
  • @socalmomma2boys. If you find any other good verses feel free to share. The only other one that comes to mind is somewhere in Timothy...."for god hasn't given us a spirit of fear but of strength love and a sound mind."
  • @blissmarie I am going to have to look. I love having a smart phone with bible app.