Any other moms have the babydaddy leave?

edited May 2011 in June 2011
I'm due June 23rd with my first baby. A girl, Adalynn Grace :) her father left about two months ago. He was a one night stand that well, obviously turned into more. We tried to work out a relasonship he cheated on me and now refuses to be in the babys life. Anyone else have a fatherless baby?

Comments

• My sister is kind of going through the same thing. She is due in August with a girl. She had a name picked out and when he decided he wanted to be there he made her change the name he asked my sister if they could try to be together and now he is just playing games with her all the time. Its sad to see her go through it.
  • The baby I'm pregnant with now the father was a guy that said all the right things to make me fall for him and in the end just wanted to get into my pants. And when we were together I asked him one time what would happen if I got pregnant and he said we would chance it. I didn't think much about it, like any girl I thought that we would make it work and just deal lol. I can't be on BC due to the headaches i get b/c of them. So we always used protection but sometimes it doesn't work. Well guess what it didn't work, and I ended up pregnant well his first word was ok well lets go take care of it, and i said like hell we are. (i had a m/c at 15 and the way mine happen the doc told me i would never have kids again, Well he was wrong) I always told myself if I ever had a chance to be a mom I would embrace it no matter the situation And now he is telling me he never loved me and only said things to get in my pants and that the good thing about men is if they knock up a girl they can just move on to the next girl. So the i have this baby i am sending a friend to take my child support paperwork to the court. All i have to do is fill them out.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had a bd. Well he is alive still but is a useless pos. I am so sorry to hear that he cheated. And bravo to u to the fact you tried. My bd and I dated. I got prego then he informed me that he was married. And has been an ass ever since. I wish mine would disappear forever. He wants to be absent during pregnancy but wants to bond with "our" baby after she's born. I have come to realize we are not alone in these kind of situations. I know it can be hard but we are strong women and soon to be strong mamas. It doesn't seem fair but I look at it like this. If I can teach my baby that men are what they are before she starts to date then maybe I can save her my own heartaches. I sure as hell won't tell cinderella and snow white can happen!
  • @novbaby...my bd is an ass like that too. I am so sorry we all have to go through this. He has already supposedly arranged for child support and tricare but who knows. He lied to me from the beginning. Only my bd swears he's gonna be the best dad. Doesn't make any damn sense. As far as I am concerned I wish he'd leave us alone.
  • My babydaddy said he wasn't going to pay child support. I don't think he realizes that they can take it from his check. I am still giving her his last name though. Because I still want my daughter to know who her father is.
  • My bf now is great and around for out child but my other 2 kids well they hardly know their father...he is never around for them doesn't pay his child support doesn't call to check on them...nothing...then wants to bitch at me cause they call my new bf "daddy benny" and tells me he is gonna take my kids from me and that I'm a pos mom cause my kids live with my mom...I was 16 and 17 when I had my kids I finished high school and worked and raised my kids...right now I don't have a job so I gave them to my mom who can support them instead of risking them being taken from me...my 2 kids are amazing and the best kids I know without their real dad being around...he cheated on me all through both pregnancies ended up getting another girl pregnant while my son was in the special care nursery and I was laid up in the hospital losing a lot of blood...you don't need your bd...he just takes away bonding time between you and your little girl! And one day he is gonna miss what he had and its gonna be to late! You'll find someone who loves you and that little girl!
  • @paganmom He doesn't even want to the know the sex.

@AdalynnsMommy Men think that they can just make a kid and then just walk away. most men think if they sign off there rights that they will be free of the kid, but most states will make the dad pay even if he signs off his rights. If the mom goes for state assistance. And honestly even day I go back and forth as to whether I want this baby to have his name. I am friends with his sister and they family is happy about the baby b/c she can't have any kids, So i dont want to punish the family b/c this guy wants to be an ass, but then i think of the baby and what if he never comes around and the child starts asking why its name isn't the same as mine or its brother. i am a planner i like to think into the future.

• I'm keeping his last name for her because his sisters are in love with the baby already and i'm not going to take away the little part they have in her life.
  • Well I'm literally having my bd leave. I intended on it being over in dec but he didn't leave. I get child support for our first two and since we live together he was supposed to be giving me half on rent...well its been about 18mo and he's given me about 6mos of rent. And says I owe him from child support anyways. That DEFINITELY WAS NOT our agreement! ! I don't even want him to support this new baby financially ...that's how angry I am!!
  • Well my bd comes qnd goes.. He's been acting really distant ever since we found out we were having a girl when I was 6mos preg now I'm 8.5 mos.. I love him I been w him 4 almost 6 years.. I will do anything to have things how they were.. May b I'm just young and naive but I hope this baby will make things better..
  • well as my name goes I am a soon to be singlemama as well. When we first started dating I can recall my coworkers saying to me "are u sure u want to date him? is this really your future?" I laughed it off because of course I didn't see him in my future. He was just someoen to hang out with at the moment. We had been seeing each other for 4 months "exclusively" when he ended up giving me 2 stds. We started beefing over that because I was pissed off and hurt and didn't see each other, besides at work, for a month. When i told bd I was preg he wanted to meet up and started telling me all these things about how he wants me to stay (because I told him if i had the baby I would move out of state back home with my family), how he didn't want his kid raised by another man or to have to be a vacation dad, how if we had a daughter he knows she would be beautiful etc. So he had me thinking he wanted to work things out.
    The next day he calls me and tells me he's not ready for a family "right now" and wants me to get an abortion. Not happening, so I kind of went all hormonal off on him and told him i didn't want him to be my fathers child anyway, he's this hes that etc. He looked really hurt and just walked off. Didn't hear from him for a week but by that time I had found out that he had a long distance girlfriend and was also dating another girl, he had also given me two stds and has never been to the dr to get medicine or anything, so to find out all of this was just disgusting. He called after I found all this out. the first thing he said was "when are u leaving with your unborn child?" and the second was "how did u get in contact with my girlfriend"
    Since all that happened, he at first tried to deny my child (such a liar), then came around to admitting its his, then tried to convince me again to get an abortion. his plan was we arrive in separate cars (he doesn't drive so he was planning on having his new gf drive him there), he pays, and then whoever is gonna take care of me can take me home smh and that he found some places that could do it for a "discount". Has sent me really evil messages calling me and the baby names (who talks shit about their own child that's not even born yet), came to one ultrasound appt, and walked out early. After I sent him a pic of the sonogram he wrote me back saying I was going to have a miserable baby like myself. And has since not been to any drs appts or even called for anything. I saw him once before I left town and he literally walked right by me. I couldn't have asked for a better father for my child.
  • *child's father...
    Another interesting fact, my baby's due date is his (now ex) long distance g/fs bday. smh
  • i feel really bad about all your situations.. right now it's all heartache but when the baby comes it'll consume u with so much love that ull realize it's truly the guy's loss if he doesnt want to experience it with u.
  • I have three bds and three children who will never know them. The first I was young and dumb and partying he was unwilling to change so I left. Not once has he tried seeing his son. The second we actually were together for years we lost one baby and decided to try again but after we lost the first he changed became verbally abusive and started drinking then led into physical abuse when I was 2 months pregnant. He too never has tried and does not care he has a kid probably because he knows I would make him go through anger management and parenting classes before I would ever let him be alone with my son. The third ended up a compolsive liar and found out he was snorting pills so I gave him the boot he is not going to change and has become pure trash so our daughter will not know him. I did not put any on the birth certificates because that automatically gives them rights!!!! I don't get child support because I'm too independent and don't need a paycheck from worthless men to take care of my babies I would much rather them straighten up and be there for their children

Luckily I do have a wonderful boyfriend who has been by my side since a month into this pregnancy. He adores my children and treats us all great. He is going to be here for the birth and we are working on moving in together... things may not work out the way we wish but in the end everything happens for a reason.
  • My bd is in and out of the picture, we've known each other for a while and been together for about a year and a half we were living together but I couldn't stand it anymore s I moved out, we've had major issues, I've tried to think maybe I see it as unbearable to be with him because I'm pregnant at times its wondefull at others its horrible, I've determined that my daughter will have my last name don't want to have to deal with him being an ass about things if I evr wanted to take her out of the country to visit family or vacation etc..and don't want to have to deal with custody issues I've always said that I wanted my kids to have their dad but there is nothing I can do if him and I can't manage to get along...u know?! But we're all strong women and can do it with or without men, we now live in a world where women can be independent and make it on their own! ;) gluckk my fellow independent ladies
  • My 11yr old daughters sperm donor I mean dad has been out of her life since she was one but even before then he wasn't in her life and we lived together.

It was easier doing it on my own cause I got to raise her my way
  • My ex supported me for 6 months, now on my 7th month he denys my little boy. So I guess my child will be fatherless. Lame!
  • edited May 2011
    My baby's dad left a week and a half ago and I haven't heard from him and have no way to get in touch with him. I'm almost 14 weeks. I'm hoping he figures things out so I don't have a fatherless child.
  • I'm not in this situation (thank god). But I just wanted to tell all of you mammas to keep your head up and prayers go out to you all! I could only imagion the pain and lonleyness. Its none of your faults and you girls didn't desearve this :( it breaks my heart. What doesn't kill you will make you stronger!
  • My bd has come close to leaving but I'm lucky that we worked things out. We love eachother very much but he's really struggling with the idea of becoming a parent. I try to help him but its not easy. I know he's just scared and I really do think he'll make a great dad I just need to find a away to make him see it too. I really feel for you ladies but at the end of all this you will have your beautiful babies and you will do your best for them. If their father is going to be that worthless then they are better off without them. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason and that the god and goddess do not throw anything at you that you can not cope with. It may not be easy but you can handle it. I wish you all (and not to sound selfish but also myself) the best and also congrats on your lil ones :-)
  • well my situation is a little different...i had 2 one night stands with two different guys and now im about to have my baby and neither one of them wants anything to do with me...im taking it one day at a time..but once that child support hit i think both of them will change their mind....my advice is to move on, the hell with him, and raise ur child on ur own