still no movement, getting worried

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
I am 20 weeks and 3 days, it seems like all the ladies on here that are due around when I am have felt their little ones move but I still haven't felt him. I am starting to get worried. Should I call my midwife? Did anyone else have a late moving baby? What week should I definitely feel him by? Any advice would help as I have to work tonight and can't talk to my midwife till tomorrow

Comments

• Are you very active?
  • I know someone who didn't feel anything till 24 weeks she had an anterior placenta .
  • Even though this is my third, I barely felt flutters when I was 20 wks this time. It took me another two weeks, maybe, before I could really feel him.
  • Everyone is different I felt him 1st at 18 weeks but then it was light and not veryday I didn't get every day action till 21 don't b worried everyone is different
  • @angelsmommy why would being very active effect anything? Im not at that stage of feeling it move yet but am super excited to.
  • @Beardreams My doctor told me that if your up walking around and very active throughout the day sometimes you wont notice your baby moving.
  • My midwife said not feeling movement till 25 weeks is fine also maybe your placenta is upfront so you might not be feeling movements because of that. Have you got a scan soon as your 20 weeks if not give your midwife a call just to make sure things are going as they should.
  • @angelsmommy I am very active. I still work full time and do light walking daily

@jojo30 is that bad? I am doing an at home birth but I can't if I am considered high risk
  • No its not bad it just meant that the placenta was on the front wall of her uterus so when baby kicked out front it kicked the placenta which acted like a cushion so she couldn't feel anything till baby got bigger and stronger
  • Yeah I don't ever feel my baby move when I am doing things. The only time I feel my peanut move is laying on my back.
  • @tammy I had a 3d scan at 17 weeks because I fell and they wanted to make sure all was well. He was extremely active at the ultrasound and measured perfect and had no "red flags" she said he looked very healthy.
  • @jojo30 ok that's good. I will talk to my midwife about that possibilty tomorrow
  • edited May 2011
    I went a whole weekend at 20 wks without feeling my baby. Im 37 wks now and everything is fine..minus me having preeclampsia and being on bedrest for the past week. So try not to panic or stress and give your dr a call to relax...I didn't feel my baby regularly until like 28 wks
  • With my first I had no symptoms of pregnancy no movement or anything, doctors couldnt tell me y , I was in and out of hospital all through my pregnancy, even though my scans my baby was kicking and moving and still couldnt feel a thing , even right at the end I could not feel him move but I could c my belly move by putting a book on my humming, the only time I felt my baby move is 6 days b4 he was born I could feel him hicup , I put it down 2 having 6 miscarriages and I was scared 2 get close again , it weird as with my second I felt everything , I'm now 14 weeks preg with number 3 and waiting 4 movement ,
  • edited May 2011
    @Imamommysoon is this your first baby? If so, you may not feel movement until into the 3rd trimester. I am 22 weeks and I feel light flutters and this is my first. My sister is 21 weeks, active, thin and healthy and she has not felt anyhting, but her baby is fine. Don't stress out to much, at your next appt maybe say something to the doctor.
  • @Imamommysoon When i was working theres alot of times i wouldnt feel my baby move because i was up moving around and lifting kids. (I worked at a daycare.) But alot of times if i would get up to go pee at night i'd feel her fluttering around. Im 35 weeks now and she moves non stop.
  • If this is your first u might not notice the movements! I think it felt like gas or muscle spasms In my stomach
  • usually with your first u feel the baby later on...with my first I felt him move at 21 weeks and with this one i felt it move at 16 weeks...so u should b fine. and my friend also had a baby who moved once in a while and then it wouldn't move for couple weeks and then move again...and it's perfectly healthy active toddler now :) every baby is different I'd say. great luck to you sweetie. :)