Unusual Back Pain

edited May 2011 in Health
I woke up this morning with the worst pain in my side, towards my back. This is the second time I've woke up to this problem. Last time I just layed in bed until the pain went away. When I got up I was fine. This time while the pain is gone, the general discomfort is lingering especially when I walk. Has anyone else experienced this?

I don't think ill call my doctor unless it gets bad again. I'm thinking maybe I slept in a bad position. I'm hoping a good late lunch and some bedrest will be the solution. It maybe time to invest in a pregnancy pillow.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I get them too like vertical pains in my side and back
  • I'm 19wks tomorrow. I'm not really showing a whole lot yet. I wasn't expecting to have back problems until late 2nd or 3rd trimester.
  • edited May 2011
    @preggointx That's exactly what it is. I'm used to the quick, temporary pains but this is more of a lingering ache. Last time my bf tried to convince me it was gas....like I don't know what gas feels like. He's a genius.
  • I take tylenol
  • Will do. Thanks.
  • Maybe sciatica? I have had it and still do... sometimes if u or baby move a certain way it hits the nerve and hurts more... I'm sorry, nothing much but pain meds ...
  • I got that too, right before I found out I had kidney problems. Where exactly does it hurt?
  • Ur heating pain will be ur best friend for now on! So prop those feet and relax and let the heat do the rest :)
  • @luvmyboos Sciatica? Never heard of it. I'm going to google it.

@kalikojenie Its on my side more towards my back. Its spans from the bottom of my boob (on the side) to my lower back.

@jess8d I actually thought about getting a heating pad as well
  • Your baby might be laying on your sciatic nerve. I know mine is. I have a hard time walking because of it. My pain is more in my hip and butt area.