my dr got me all excited for nothing!!!

edited May 2011 in Third Trimester
Last Tuesday she said I was 2cm dilated and her pelvic exam should put me into labor! And if I made it to next weeks appointment (tomorrow) she'd be very surprised. Well here I am no signs of labor really and I've tried everything to get the ball rolling! :( my lil girl must not want to come out and meet us.

Comments

• Just walk and do some squats. Baby will come out when she wants. Good luck!!
  • She'll be here before you know it, have you looked up acupressure massage that someone could do to try and start labor, i'm passing some labor dust your way!!
  • @kayleigh27 I've walked miles and done squats n stretching :/
    @kimberly4411 I did the accupressure last night! Nothing. And thank you!
  • Long drive in the car?
  • Same thing happend to me. he told me I had dilated 2cm n dat the baby would probably be here sooner, I was 36 weeks. Now im 38 weeks n still at two. He now says its more likely dat ill make it to my due date or maybe not but I have two more weeks to go n not feeling strong contraction
  • @mythica I drive everywhere...I even tried a bumpy ride in my in-laws suburban. I got some braxton Hicks...nothing else tho.
    Thanks for the suggestions tho!!
  • @angiesmommy I know how u feel...I'm just glad she offered to induce me if I make it to my appointment tomorrow.
  • At least u ladies are dialeted I guess I have no luck:/
  • @nicksmommy being dilated isn't really working out so far haha. Labor dust for you! You'll probably dilate faster than me now!
  • Lol haaha...I have to try somethings to get This baby going!! So far I hav tried the yoga ball and no effect yet...gotta try harder I guess...
  • @nicksmommy I feel like I've tried it all! I walked all day yesterday...feet are still swollen. I tried sex, ate pineapple, spicy door, bumpy car ride, squats. I even tried nipple stimulation and breast pumping. The only thing left is caster oil...and I am not going there haha. I guess I'm on her time already! Lol
  • Hey I think it's a May baby thing! I went into labor 3 times last month, and they had to stop it! Here it is May and nothing wth?! Stubborn babies!!
  • @bke913 haha...may must be the month of stubborn children! I just wish I had some kind of sign! All I've had is diarrhea :/
  • Well, the very first time I went into labor, that night I lost my mucus plug. About 6 hours later, I couldn't stop pooping (sorry if that's tmi...) and was soooo crampy and felt like I had a really bad upset tummy. Turns out I was cramping and dialating, then I started contracting. I was only 35 weeks so that's why they stopped it. So maybe it's a sign of things to come! (your diarrhea, that is lol)
  • @bke913 my mucus plug has been falling out in pieces for a week. I hope things are getting started! Thanks for sharing :)
  • Try an exercise ball
  • My ob had told me I was 3 cm and should go into labor soon....2 weeks later I was induced. They'll come when there ready and if not then we have to make them come out for safety reasons