Due date changed. What now?

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
By my lmp due date is 10/8/11. Went to dr today & he said its now 10/3/11. What?? Its only a few days difference. Baby measured ahead a few weeks ago but last time was right on schedule. What's this mean? Go for full u/s may 19th with a tech. Should I ask any special questions?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @KERRIDEERN that's what I thought too. Its only 5 days. So should I still go by the original date?
  • @KerrideeRN oh well ima go with my due date of 10/8. But I already know this ones coming early. Its a feeling I got. Maybe around 34-36 weeks is my guess.
  • My due date went friend m May 22 to May 16 at my 36 week appointment.
  • Mine changed by 9 days but my doctor is not going to know till I'm in my late 30s in weeks
  • @hurstk28
    @preggointx
    @HomeBirthAdvocate
    I'm figuring just because babys a little big doesn't change things. Babys gonna come when ready! I'm 17w2d by lmp. I'm just gonna wait & see what the u/s tech says bout the growth. Also ill be seeing the midwife. I met her before but why am I seeing her to. I forgot to ask dr.
  • Mine changed from august 24 to July 24 now its July 21 baby will come when its ready. They will probably have a better estimate when you get closer
  • Mine has changed three times all by two weeks or more at a time
  • @mscheyla that wat I think too. Its just a waiting game. Doesn't help that I ho every 2 weeks. Things change from week to week dramatically. Maybe it'd be better to let it be but I'm high risk so baby needs monitoring.
  • @Rissalee7 wow! You little one had lots of.growth spurts hih?!
  • Well they wen from june 18th to may 31st to july 2nd so I think my drs smoking something lol jk
  • @Rissalee7 probably is! No but really if your period was regular which mine was (But usually isn't.) since I came off the bcp. They should go by that. I was on a 28 day cycle. Tested ++ day after I missed.
  • Thats what I told them my last period was august 26th I have a 5/6 day cycle which would make me due may 31st but spotted 14th of sept which would put its 18th of june
  • I am sticking to the original due date of May 22. They said baby is a week and a half ahead. He weighed 7lbs at 36 weeks. I spotted in my first trimester.
  • @hurstk28 I spotted 3. Times in my 1st trimester the 3rd time was day after the 2nd & was red & had clots. But I think just cuz the babys a faster grower doesn't really mean its coming sooner or its lungs & organs are ready. I bet in the next 2weeks babys growth will be back to original due date again. Seems to be the pattern.
  • edited May 2011
    So your supposed to go by your lmp due date even if they changed it?
    Today I'm 19 weeks after they changed it but would really be 20 +2 today by my lmp?
    So would I still stick to Sept. 18 (lmp date)or 27th
    Although I don't see me waiting that long I think baby will be early
  • I had my lmp in Oct but my first doctor claims I had a cycle in Nov, even though I didn't, I'm sure I would have remembered that! He told me my dd would be August 20 & I kept saying there's no way that's right. When he finally did an u/s I was actually around 13 weeks & he thought I was only 8. (3 days earlier he thought I was 6) He changed my dd to Aug 8 which made absolutely no sense. Well I changed doctors because I didn't trust him & my new dr sent me for an u/s right away because when she checked me & measured me she thought I was between 16-19 weeks. I've had 4 u/s in the last 2 months & my official dd is July 24. I think it should be standard that at your first appointment you should get an u/s because the longer you go w/o one then the farther off the dates can be.
  • @kbg10 that's wat I'm saying! It gets confusing. With my daughter I didn't know when I had my period. Was very irregular. I didn't even find out til almost 4 months. They never changed due date. Though they did mess up a test thinking I was 16 wks but was 18. Levels were different but u/s said nope 18 it is stick w that. Si idk wats going on now a days. That was in 2000.
  • Hmm oh well eff it baby will come when baby wants to :)
  • @StarKrayzie well good thing you switched drs. I've been w this OB since 6weeks along. He does an u/s every 2 weeks cuz I'm high risk. So he's been keeping track nicely so this change is odd. What I've noticed is this one has growth spurts. 2wks ago baby was on schedule. 4weeks agi baby was 5 days ahead. 6 weeks ago baby was where I was for the weeks along. Watch I bet in 2 weeks the techs gonna do a full u/s so I'm betting babys gonna be back on track! This kid thinks its funny to cause me probs!!
  • @kgb10 that's what I'm saying!! But somehow I know this ones coming a bit early. My daughter was born at 37 & 1/2 weeks.
  • my 1st dd was aug 26 now its sept 29 but that because my period is irregular but I had my detail u/s last week and she was right on point with the sept 29 dd
  • @Mommy2be11 that's what I'm waiting to see too. May 19th. Get to see gender too!!! Dying to find out!
  • @one5one yea I would just wait and see and good luck on ur gender u/s
  • I had an u/s at my first appointment and they said my due date is May 22. I went last week at 36 weeks and had an ultrasound and they said i was measuring ahead of schedule.
  • @hurstk28 I guess every1s different. Good luck this month w baby!!
    @Mommy2be11 thanks! That's the plan.